Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said for a while now that Dele Alli was and still is extremely overrated.

If he was rated correctly now, he'd be struggling to get a move anywhere for a fee north of £20m.

He had one good season and even towards the end of that you could see the wheels falling off him. Everyone figured him out - he's Frank Lampard without the talent.

If both teams have poor seasons but Everton win the League Cup and Spurs win the Europa League I'm sure both will be quite happy.

If you think there is a media bias towards Spurs, perhaps them having more
players who represent the England national team than any other team has something to do with it?

If you think there is a media bias towards Spurs, perhaps them having more
players who represent the England national team than any other team has something to do with it?

No idea what Dier and Winks are doing in the England squad. Not even trying to wind you up, Dier is an extremely limited player and Winks is a better looking version of Joe Allen.

No idea what Dier and Winks are doing in the England squad. Not even trying to wind you up, Dier is an extremely limited player and Winks is a better looking version of Joe Allen.

I agree those two shouldn't be near the squad, especially Winlks.
I meant out of every club, Spurs are the team who have consistently supplied the most players ever.

As you wrote, Levy looks after the money and I'm guessing that now with Bale and having two of the biggest names in British football will help bring money in through other routes.
Apparently as well, Son is a peak David Beckham of Asia so that must also help commercially.

This is a bit of a stretch lol Hes very popular in South Korea.

The popular Koreans in Asia are the actors in the soaps which are broadcast everywhere out here.

Other than that..."peak beckham" lol

More just about Everton I suppose.

Either way, I think Spurs's range is probably a bit wider, more at the bottom end but also the top and Levy may have got a bit freaked after the opening day defeat. We certainly got kicked into action following our draw with Blackpool.

I should say, which I'd imagine is the real subtext of the question, I think Spurs are a better squad than Evertons. I would be very pleased to finish above Spurs, and said as much before your good win today. It's obviously difficult to predict what is "better" as it incorporates a whole range of factors. But the squad Spurs have, minus Vertonghen and now probably Alli got to a European cup final. Two games of promise for Everton doesn't match that-on paper yet to my mind.

Football moves forward though, and Everton's squad profile is probably a little better in terms of age. I think Son/Kane will be critical for Spurs. You can see how vital Mourinho sees them as by how dejected he was when they were injured. The squad trusted and are clearly lifted when they play. They also deliver in big moments, as you've seen today.

Spurs have a better squad, Everton has a better team.

This is a bit of a stretch lol Hes very popular in South Korea.

The popular Koreans in Asia are the actors in the soaps which are broadcast everywhere out here.

Other than that..."peak beckham" lol

Spurs have a better squad, Everton has a better team.

Up until a about a year ago I often visited 3 different countries in Asia and Son is very well known but yes, you're correct, he isn't a superstar "All over Asia," but is a face.

I don't think Everton even have a better team but we all think differently ;)

Last edited:
Lovely stuff from Harry 'only scores tap ins' Kane.

A couple more decent signings (CF and and CH) and we will be good to go.

I think for a team with a 'dinosaur' manager, a 'one season wonder' striker, a 'dirty' Korean and a 'past it' Welsh bloke we will probably do ok this season.
No. You can’t have Carlo.

We have spurs fans coming on trying to give it the large. We are doing something right. Far cry from Watford thinking they have us in their sights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back