Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, i know, but i tend not to listen or indeed pay much attention to any of the bile that comes from the club or indeed KEIOC. As far as im concerned they are both as bad as each other or you and Halewood.

I made my choice when i voted no when i had my vote, nothing i have read or will read will ever make me change my mind. Leaving GP is never an option to me. I know it has major, major faults and i suppose i might consider leaving for a half decent stadia CLOSE BY and when i say close i mean Stanley Park close. But DK stinks of small club, i dont support a small club.

Yes, i know, but i tend not to listen or indeed pay much attention to any of the bile that comes from the club or indeed KEIOC. As far as im concerned they are both as bad as each other or you and Halewood.

I made my choice when i voted no when i had my vote, nothing i have read or will read will ever make me change my mind. Leaving GP is never an option to me. I know it has major, major faults and i suppose i might consider leaving for a half decent stadia CLOSE BY and when i say close i mean Stanley Park close. But DK stinks of small club, i dont support a small club.

You only had to watch the video the club released and put on the Echo website - nothing needed to be said by KEIOC or anyone else. It was last year. It ripped the bollocks out of Goodison.

He's not arsed though. Win lose or draw he's off to pastures new when the result is called.

So, what did Elstone say to show that Kirkby was the right move for Everton?

I didn't listen in the end, but I'd be interested to know.

I've seen that he had a go at KEIOC's "plans" and that he ****ged Goodison off a bit, but to be honest that's not really "selling the Kirkby option" is it?

What, specifically about Kirkby, did he say?

He said:

they are going to have to be on top of their game if finances are going to be in place - apparently it's still £78M...after two years in the planning, I doubt that very much - no matter, that money will be secured with an Arsenal type naming rights package...though later he stated that the naming rights search has been shelved for the time being!; sale of Goodison and maybe securitising payments on corporate facilities at Kirkby...which simply means bringing forward payment (assuming they can persuade some mug company/individual not affected by the recession to ante up to that degree) due at a later stage.

He said transport isn't going to be easy...I'm not surprised given that he didn't even have a clue about the positioning of Kirkby station in relation to the proposed stadium site...imagine that after two years working on the project? It is doable though and it's in the club's interests to get it right...it'll just take a change in attitude by supporters to get over this hump.

Effect on Kirkby: people will be inconvenienced (a euphemism for 'get out of your house, the JCBs are here').

All in all, it sounded like a 'I did my best' 'no flies on me' watching his own arse performance.

Was that all he said about Kirkby directly?

I find that embarrassing to be honest. The club want us to want to move to Kirkby, yet the only reason they can give is because it's all they can afford (I'd actually question their ability to afford Kirkby, but that's another matter)

This constant slating of Goodison has the potential to backfire spectacularly if / when Kirkby gets canned.

What's going to backfire because he's slated the ground?

We all love GP but he's only spoke about its clear downfalls in comparison to a modern grounds and grounds in the premier league. Its at the bottom of the overall supporters ground survey (or something). That's not him saying that, that's what outsiders are saying. The things he has said about the ground are opinions from architects, builders, and comparrisons from other grounds etc supporting what's needed doing to the ground to improve.

We're on a roll at the moment on the pitch and we cant fill capacity because of its problems (or that we dont have the fans to fill it according to KEIOC).

Or does it piss you off that an employee of the club is slating it rather than someone else?

Did KEIOC employ people to survey the ground and promote how good a ground GP is in the modern game that doesnt involve its history but its 5 star toilets, obstructed views, corporate boxes etc?

Its a [Poor language removed] hole but its my [Poor language removed] hole and I love it. Doesnt mean I'd get upset when someone says that facility wise its a [Poor language removed] hole.

What's going to backfire because he's slated the ground?

the fact that his mission seems to be to put everyone off coming to Goodison - if that works, and we find ourselves without a replacement, then what happens?

We're on a roll at the moment on the pitch and we cant fill capacity because of its problems (or that we dont have the fans to fill it according to KEIOC).

When the football is good, and the atmosphere is good, football fans don't care about obstructed views. I know this at first hand experience from people who I have taken to Goodison.

Or does it piss you off that an employee of the club is slating it rather than someone else?

The fact that our own CEO calls our stadium "the worst in the country" is baffling - does he not want to sell corporate tickets at Goodison anymore? Has he given up attracting new fans to Goodison?

Did KEIOC employ people to survey the ground and promote how good a ground GP is in the modern game that doesnt involve its history but its 5 star toilets, obstructed views, corporate boxes etc?

Are KEIOC arguing that Goodison doesn't need improvement? I must have missed that bit

Its a [Poor language removed] hole but its my [Poor language removed] hole and I love it. Doesnt mean I'd get upset when someone says that facility wise its a [Poor language removed] hole.

I have no problem getting served at half time, the toilets are as clean as you can expect when 10,000 men use them within the space of an hour, and my seat is unobstructed.

It's not Kenilworth Road

So, what did Elstone say to show that Kirkby was the right move for Everton?

I didn't listen in the end, but I'd be interested to know.

I've seen that he had a go at KEIOC's "plans" and that he ****ged Goodison off a bit, but to be honest that's not really "selling the Kirkby option" is it?

What, specifically about Kirkby, did he say?

Well 1st he didnt **** GP off, he simply stated as facilities/viewing/whole experience go, then GP is 1 of the worst in the prem. Its hard to argue against that when you look at some the stadia in the prem.

1) To redevelop GP would cost min 230m, were paying 78m for kirkby

2) The loop would cost at least if not more as above and would require a significant feat of engineering due to its unusual location, which would obviously require significant capital to achieve it.

3) Hok report was effectively useless as it had no pricing and as Elstone described was probably knocked up in 48hrs ( I suspect it was longer but i think we can get what he was hinting at)

4) Kirkby is only viable option

5) 50k with a view to extend it to 60k

6) Transport plan is 'work in progress'

7) Stadium naming rights have started but temp put on hold as 'we have nothing to name' as yet!

8) Rail extension to be met by Tesco/KMBC

9) Match day provisions, (Park&Ride, Park&Walk etc) to be met by the club, but will charge fans a small fee for it so will be (and you will like this Si), effectively free

10) All Kelly could say most of the night was ALL we needed was "desire to do it" and brushed over the fact we need an enabling partner

11) Willing to work with kirkby residents to smooth any problems out

I think that covers everything

the fact that his mission seems to be to put everyone off coming to Goodison - if that works, and we find ourselves without a replacement, then what happens?

Elstone has always said we stay at GP, and I'm sure people still come. But what he says about it aint wrong and wont change the facts of GP.

When the football is good, and the atmosphere is good, football fans don't care about obstructed views. I know this at first hand experience from people who I have taken to Goodison.

When was the last time we filled the place? It was the 2003-04 season with 38,943 our average gate. Before that it was 1977-78 with 39,513 our average gate.

We won titles in between those years and we've still never reached capacity on a regular basis. What kept them from coming? Elstone by moaning?

35,500 attendence for the Villa game on Sunday. Afternoon kick off (2.30pm)on a Sunday, FA Cup game against a top 4 side who last time we played them was arguabley one of best the games of the season on the back of a great run ofgames that includes beating the RS 1.0.

40,158 is the capacity of GP. Why werent the 5000 seats filled? Why arent
those 5000 seats filled every game?

Reasons maybe -
Elstone scared them all off?
We dont have enough supporters?
TV?
Which one of those have to not happen so we can fill the ground.

The fact that our own CEO calls our stadium "the worst in the country" is baffling - does he not want to sell corporate tickets at Goodison anymore? Has he given up attracting new fans to Goodison?

New fans would come regardless of what he says, have been for he was even at the club.

I'm guessing Elstone should stay quite then and leave it to other fans from other clubs to moan about - Quote from a West Brom fan on Everton Football Club - Goodison Park, Goodison Road, Liverpool, Merseyside, England, L4 4EL :: FanZone

Ben Wright has e-mailed us, and says 'Went to Goodison on Saturday with west brom and was appalled by the state of the ground and services supplied by Everton football club. I stood in the lower tier of the away end paid twenty one pounds for the ticket. The stand was prehistoric with wooden seats and a wooden floor, on entry to the stand we were told that alcohol wasn't available also my view was obscured by one of many white pillars. The ground is a joke.'

Are KEIOC arguing that Goodison doesn't need improvement? I must have missed that bit

No, but you seem to take offence when the CEO says it needs improvement.

I have no problem getting served at half time, the toilets are as clean as you can expect when 10,000 men use them within the space of an hour, and my seat is unobstructed.

It's not Kenilworth Road

The Wetherspoons service on moatch days is better and has better toilets and I dont have to pay £35 to gain access to them.

And well done for having an unobstructed seat. This doesnt mean much to you then.(y)

I cant believe people are getting on their high horse over Elstone saying Goodison is lacking - which it quite clearly is.

Anything to criticise the man ay. Its tiresome.

I cant believe people are getting on their high horse over Elstone saying Goodison is lacking - which it quite clearly is.

Im not 1 to jump on bandwagons and whilst i agree with what he was saying to a degree, ie. GP is in dire need of a refit. Theres no need to slate the ground 100%. He could have said its utter crap, but when full the fans are great, but he didnt, he just carried on with his anti-Goodison tirade.

There is no blue that would swap GP for any stadium in the world, my feelings are, if we have to move, it should be a worthwhile move, but the more i hear about DK, the more i despise the place.

Personally I like cueing up for 10 minutes then getting served by a scowling fat dog caked with cheap make-up then nearly missing the start of the second half as I hide in the bogs smoking a doobie .

Goodison has character and is chock full of memories that mean the world to many many people . Everton is Everton because of the City of Liverpool FACT . You cannot get away from that . The powers on both sides simply havent tried enough .

We are in debt and Tesco is the lottery ticket . Plain and simple

he hasn't said "Goodison is lacking"

he has said "Goodison is the worst ground in the country"

there is a massive difference

he has yet to say anything other than "it's all we can afford" which sells Kirkby and doesn't **** off Goodison

if Kirkby was that good, he wouldn't need to talk about what Goodison lacks, but rather he would be able to concentrate on what Kirkby would provide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back