Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to wait until November to be put out of our misery in which case Mods please close all threads relating to new stadium or Kirkby.

Clearly:

Dude with letter on forum = correct,

Hazel Blears = wrong.

Glad that clears that up.

Hazel Blears said the Inquiry was 'expedited'. She's right, it was.

The inspector hinted that her report would be complete by mid-June. Fair enough.

As it says on Knowsley's own website:

When will the decision be made?
"There is no deadline for this, but in her closing comments the Inspector has confirmed that she will not be submitting her report to the Secretary of State until June 2009. Only once this is fully considered will a decision be made later in the year. We hope that a decision will be made as quickly as possible."

If you dont want to take the word of fellow Evertonians who attended the Inquiry and were copied in for that info from the Inspectorate today, maybe you'll accept Knowsley Council's timetable at least?

Hazel Blears said the Inquiry was 'expedited'. She's right, it was.

The inspector hinted that her report would be complete by mid-June. Fair enough.

As it says on Knowsley's own website:

When will the decision be made?
"There is no deadline for this, but in her closing comments the Inspector has confirmed that she will not be submitting her report to the Secretary of State until June 2009. Only once this is fully considered will a decision be made later in the year. We hope that a decision will be made as quickly as possible."

If you dont want to take the word of fellow Evertonians who attended the Inquiry and were copied in for that info from the Inspectorate today, maybe you'll accept Knowsley Council's timetable at least?

Mate do really think that the secretary of state is going to mull over that for months, they will look at either the green or the redsticker on it and give it the thumbs up or down!

Mate do really think that the secretary of state is going to mull over that for months, they will look at either the green or the redsticker on it and give it the thumbs up or down!

I have no idea of the typical time delay between submission of report and SoS decision - I'd hazard a guess at it being related to the complexity of the situation and the size of scheme. This isn't exactly in the "council wants to ok a new chippy' category is it? Major project like this, who knows? All I do know is that people I trust who were at the Inquiry have been told 'before or on the 27th November'.

That's it really.

I have no idea of the typical time delay between submission of report and SoS decision - I'd hazard a guess at it being related to the complexity of the situation and the size of scheme. This isn't exactly in the "council wants to ok a new chippy' category is it? Major project like this, who knows? All I do know is that people I trust who were at the Inquiry have been told 'before or on the 27th November'.

That's it really.

The important word there is 'before' Like when they say delivery within 28 days

That's it really.

So it could just as easy be summer as it could November 27th then?

Although to be honest the original quote does make it look like it won't be much earlier than that date otherwise it would of been worded differently.

I guess it is mate, id be surprised if thats right and we wouldnt have a decison by the end of the summer, it was the same with the calling in, i remember people saying it wouldnt be called in untill Xmas this year, which again was proved not to be the case!

I doubht that Ms Blears would allow anyone to speak about a process of evaluation that has only just be done.

But to be honest its a bit boring talking about ifs, buts and maybes of reports!

Truth is noone knows wheather they have a letter, or groom Mrs Blears cat.

So it could just as easy be summer as it could November 27th then?

Although to be honest the original quote does make it look like it won't be much earlier than that date otherwise it would of been worded differently.

Exactly:

"It'll be the end of the summer...you know, just before 27th November."

Doesn't make sense does it?

case-officer-letter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back