Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly:

"It'll be the end of the summer...you know, just before 27th November."

Doesn't make sense does it?

Well November 27th could just be the very very latest date they will make a decision by but are aiming to have it done before then.

But depends how much you wanna read into how its worded though.

I know the Kirby-Debate is utterly tedious on Forums , but it just came home to me when reading that , that I may well be in my final 3 years of watching Everton . For those who don't know , I come from a family of long-time Season Ticket holders , have one myself , and am approaching 40 years of regularly going to the match . I'm 45 , so that's not bad .
Me point is , I choose not to set foot in Kirby . To me , its Franchise F.C. by any other name . The issue though , is , will they replace the likes of me , and others who feel the same , in the M56 corridor ??
I personally doubt it , and believe that the majority of ,
" New Fans " which we'll need to fill 55 thou , will be Rugby League fans who fancy a weekend off . I feel it's inherently wrong , that theyve lied and manipulated figures at every step of the way , and , in short , its gonna be a disaster for this club . Short termism of the worst sort , masquerading as vision .
Careful what you wish for .
Final point . Number of clubs to win a trophy following ground move ? Answer ; 1 .
Number of clubs relegated following ground move ?
Sunderland , Leicester , Bolton , Boro , Derby ,Soton , Reading
( City/Leicester/Derby / Soton /Sunderland /Bolton also nearly bankrupt their clubs in the process . )
Just my opinion .

Tesco

With Tesco being involved alot in women's football and with Everton owning a fifth of Tesco's new stadium, aswell as our last CEO resigning quoting . . . ' Shadowy figures in the background ' (Did he mean Tesco men ?) would it be outlandish to think that one day Tesco may end up owning EFC ?
And, would this be a good or a bad thing ?

You must be out of your cotton picking mind, owned by tesco.:lol::lol:

Which CEO said anything about shadowy figures in the background. Did he mean Earl's Vegas or Hollywood friends. like Get Shorty.:lol:

With Tesco being involved alot in women's football and with Everton owning a fifth of Tesco's new stadium, aswell as our last CEO resigning quoting . . . ' Shadowy figures in the background ' (Did he mean Tesco men ?) would it be outlandish to think that one day Tesco may end up owning EFC ?

Dont be ridiculous, Tesco are a public limited company who are only interested in making a profit.

Why would they want to spend hundereds of millions of pounds buying a business that will never make any money?

As if their shareholders would allow it.

F@ckin hell, I only asked if it was a possibility.

The CEO was Keith Wyness.

As for being ridiculous, if you would have said to any Everton fan 25 years ago that we would be playing football in Kirkby one day, you would have been laughed out of town, lad.

And if were such a bad investment, why get involved with us at all.

As for being ridiculous, if you would have said to any Everton fan 25 years ago that we would be playing football in Kirkby one day, you would have been laughed out of town, lad.

:lol:

Indeed. (y)

I think the 'shadowy figures' referred to was Philip Green - rumoured to be the man using Earl as a proxy in the boardroom.

They're not involved with us. We are separate members of a scheme which, if successful, will see them build the biggest Tesco in northern England.

Tesco do not give a ****e about Everton FC.

you'll find that there are plenty to laugh you out of town today as well.

we won't own any of Tesco's new stadium, we'll be leasing it

Keith Wyness was moaning about Phil Green, who is Kenwright's main source of credit for Everton now

I doubt Tesco shareholders would allow them to take over a football club - it's the least profitable business in the world and nobody wants to invest in it

Another thread that will end up being a Kirkby pissing match between supporters.

Will probably be merged with the older Kirkby thread.

the maple pecan plaits and other danish pastries are a delight. cafe aint bad as well. although it's an asda thats closest to me so i tend to go there, but the caf is a mcd's so i dont have brunch there. baguettes and tiger tails are great from either but sainbury's are too skinny, somerfields are ok and also their pecan plaits are good. asda do yates and greer pork pies though and they are well worth the visit alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back