Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, lad.
I know it's all old news to members who have been on here a fair bit of time, but I haven't and the only people I've discussed Kirkby with are me bird, me arl fella and one blue mate (Everyone else I know closely is red and they just laugh and say get out of our city, which grinds me no end).
So when I get a chance to bring something up on a forum filled with blues, I just want to see what you all think about things that have come up privately.
Obviously the Tesco thing sounds a bit daft, hence the ridicule, but blues are joining this forum every day, so while I won't mention it again, I don't think it's ever going away until a decision is made.

He's right though, this will be locked - or put into the massive 170+ page kirkby thread and then locked. It's the most bizarre thing I've seen on an Everton forum: threads getting locked for people debating the biggest issue in front of Everton FC.

Ours is not to reason why....

25.000 of them being yours mate!:lol:

Ive no probs with it, youd have to speak to the boss though!

Why not start a poll of users, see how many want it open or closed! (y)

It'd get locked! :P

Anyway, I'll keep quiet now. I dont want you or Danny or Bruce Wayne infracting me for committing thought crime.

Follow that other team from Liverpool, wash your hands if its that big of deal.

I don't really follow your logic to be honest

If Everton suddenly didn't exist anymore, I just wouldn't watch football.

I wouldn't have any interest in supporting another club, and I know loads of others who feel the same way.

Would YOU start supporting Liverpool if Everton disappeared off the face of the earth? Is that what you're basing your comment on?

I don't really follow your logic to be honest

If Everton suddenly didn't exist anymore, I just wouldn't watch football.

I wouldn't have any interest in supporting another club, and I know loads of others who feel the same way.

Would YOU start supporting Liverpool if Everton disappeared off the face of the earth? Is that what you're basing your comment on?

So you're saying Everton will fall off the face of the earth by moving to Kirkby?

Anyway - The logic is: why is a move outside the boundry a massive problem?

So you're saying Everton will fall off the face of the earth by moving to Kirkby?

No, I'm saying I won't go there with them. I won't start supporting any other team though - the same as if Everton didn't exist.

Its not the boundary issue that concerns me at all.

Its the fact that it is a ****e cheapo stadium with absolutely diabolical transport links.

Why move to an area which is so inaccessable?

Do you think quing for an hour in an uncovered car park before you even board your train is acceptable?

45 minute walks to the ground. Ridiculous park and ride schemes.

Anyone using public transport and travelling back to the Wirral of a night game is highly likely to miss the last available mode of public transport over the water.

Its an extremely crap location regardless of the boundary issue.

I have never understood why people will refuse to at least try it. Regardless of the boundary it's still scouse and has links to our great club, it's not an MK Dons scenario. I do understand that people have concerns about the design, transport etc. but the vast majority will at least try it first, I think those flatly refusing based on an irrelevant boundary is just a case of spitting out their dummy.

Its not the boundary issue that concerns me at all.

Its the fact that it is a ****e cheapo stadium with absolutely diabolical transport links.

Why move to an area which is so inaccessable?

Do you think quing for an hour in an uncovered car park before you even board your train is acceptable?

45 minute walks to the ground. Ridiculous park and ride schemes.

Anyone using public transport and travelling back to the Wirral of a night game is highly likely to miss the last available mode of public transport over the water.

Its an extremely crap location regardless of the boundary issue.

And I have no problem with that arguement. I just have an issue with some people not wanting to watch the team on the basis that its not in Liverpool. And dont forget KEIOC all started because it was a groundmove outside the city rather than anything else, so it plays a big factor for some people

No, I'm saying I won't go there with them. I won't start supporting any other team though - the same as if Everton didn't exist.

Forgetting about that facts about the stadium, transport etc, you still wouldnt go to see them just solely because its in Kirkby?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back