Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on a minute.

Is this Kirkby discussion?

Its beyond tiresome now, theres nothing left to discuss at the moment. Lets just wait and see what happens.

Forgetting about that facts about the stadium, transport etc, you still wouldnt go to see them just solely because its in Kirkby?

"forgetting the facts about the stadium"

No, I wouldn't, because if we're forgetting the facts about one stadium, then we can forget the facts about Goodison too, and if we're doing that, then Goodison is sound, no?

If it was a stadium befitting the name Everton, then yeah, I'd go.

It isn't though, but that wasn't the point, and it's not a topic that is encouraged around here apparently

My point was that people who won't go to Kirkby - for whatever reason - are told "go and support Liverpool then"

Why is that?

If someone stops going the match through ill health, do they have to support Liverpool too?

What about people who move away and can't make it to Goodison? Are they allowed to support Everton?

"forgetting the facts about the stadium"

No, I wouldn't, because if we're forgetting the facts about one stadium, then we can forget the facts about Goodison too, and if we're doing that, then Goodison is sound, no?

If it was a stadium befitting the name Everton, then yeah, I'd go.

It isn't though, but that wasn't the point, and it's not a topic that is encouraged around here apparently

My point was that people who won't go to Kirkby - for whatever reason - are told "go and support Liverpool then"

Why is that?

If someone stops going the match through ill health, do they have to support Liverpool too?

What about people who move away and can't make it to Goodison? Are they allowed to support Everton?

No, I never said that and that's what most people say everytime that's mentioned.

What was mentioned was the boundry. The boundry and the fact its out outside of Liverpool is number 1 on the **** list to make supporters not want to go no matter how good the stadium is/isnt.

That was the point. I didnt mention anything to do with the stadium etc because its been done to death and that wasnt a part of the posts untill now.

KEIOC for eg was formed because the stadium was outside the city and in essence the club would not be a Liverpool club and would be a merseyside club like Tranmere. The point, therefore, is -- if the boundry is that big a deal and if Everton do move, then there's always another team in Liverpool, based in Liverpool they could always follow if that boundry issue was a major factor.

No one mentioned the stadiums problems, it was soley on its location outside the boundry which is a major problem for people. Seperate the two arguements.

Last edited:

No one mentioned the stadiums problems, it was soley on its location outside the boundry which is a major problem for people.

I don't actually think that's the case to be honest.

It's *a* reason for most people, but not the major one.

Maybe you should listen to what people say when talking about it and then you'd have a better understanding of it.

The stadium being in Kirkby gives it an easy focus for a name for a group against it. A group called "Keep Everton Out of a stadium with poor transport infrastructure which isn't expandable as promised and is actually going to cost around £80m instead of the 'little or no cost' that was promised and which looks like Wigan with an extra tier on it" doesn't really have the same sound-bite-ability, does it?

Another choice of name, which was rejected as it left no room for alternatives, was "Keep Everton In Their Home" - or "KEITH" for short...

The fact that the stadium is in Kirkby is simply an easy point to focus on to get attention.

If everything ever created only ever stuck to their original aims and objectives, then Everton would still be a mere passtime to keep cricketers fit in the winter....

I don't actually think that's the case to be honest.

It's *a* reason for most people, but not the major one.

Maybe you should listen to what people say when talking about it and then you'd have a better understanding of it.

The stadium being in Kirkby gives it an easy focus for a name for a group against it. A group called "Keep Everton Out of a stadium with poor transport infrastructure which isn't expandable as promised and is actually going to cost around £80m instead of the 'little or no cost' that was promised and which looks like Wigan with an extra tier on it" doesn't really have the same sound-bite-ability, does it?

Another choice of name, which was rejected as it left no room for alternatives, was "Keep Everton In Their Home" - or "KEITH" for short...

The fact that the stadium is in Kirkby is simply an easy point to focus on to get attention.

If everything ever created only ever stuck to their original aims and objectives, then Everton would still be a mere passtime to keep cricketers fit in the winter....

It was a case, and still is a big case for some fans.

And KEIOC was named and up and running before any of the stadium specifics leaked out. So it was created because Everton were planning to move out the city, just like action groups popped up about the move to the Kings Dock etc. One little thing upsets someone, they find others that agree and set shiit up. Its what happens.

That's the saddest thing, going from a waterside river apartment to a council flat in Kirkby! just because Bill is unwilling to sell up untill he is in a position to make mega bucks.

they sell acracking torch in teso with LED's possibly the brightest i've seen tbh for the price, and a powerfull beam too, i reckon i could highlight lcab in the park end from the lower g.s. tbh.

It was a case, and still is a big case for some fans.

And KEIOC was named and up and running before any of the stadium specifics leaked out. So it was created because Everton were planning to move out the city, just like action groups popped up about the move to the Kings Dock etc. One little thing upsets someone, they find others that agree and set shiit up. Its what happens.

95% of Evertonians wanted to move to the King's Dock

59% wanted to move to Kirkby

Any ideas why? You know, if there was these protest groups about the KD (which I don't remember by the way - GfE made a brief re-appearance but didn't get any kind of backing, certainly not the ten grand type of backing that Kenwright gave them when they fought against Johnson taking us to Kirkby Golf Course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back