Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
F@ckin hell, I only asked if it was a possibility.

The CEO was Keith Wyness.

As for being ridiculous, if you would have said to any Everton fan 25 years ago that we would be playing football in Kirkby one day, you would have been laughed out of town, lad.

And if were such a bad investment, why get involved with us at all.

And if you'd said 35 years ago no one would have said anything as Kirkby was still a part of LCC.

TESCO are involved with us because it adds prestige to their redevelopment plans, a 50000 seater stadium at the centre of TESCOs master plan, helping them not only to make their initial retail park more appealing, but also potentially increasing the chances of them attracting the investment to implement the other phases of their plans. They're not daft, adding Everton onto it will potentially make it more profitable for them, and in my opinion, will be good for Everton.

And if you'd said 35 years ago no one would have said anything as Kirkby was still a part of LCC.

TESCO are involved with us because it adds prestige to their redevelopment plans, a 50000 seater stadium at the centre of TESCOs master plan, helping them not only to make their initial retail park more appealing, but also potentially increasing the chances of them attracting the investment to implement the other phases of their plans. They're not daft, adding Everton onto it will potentially make it more profitable for them, and in my opinion, will be good for Everton.

the aisles are usually a bit wider in tesco as well, but i'm not too keen on those car trolley things for the kids as it's a supermarket ffs not gullivers world. it's hard to say which has the best "own brand" tbh but tesco is better for electrical stuff, they also have an argos style catalogue whiuch asda dont, you can also buy a lambourghini from there, it's a push-bike like but it's a lambo.

if you've not got the hint yet then i'll put it in laymans terms, keep kirkby out of it. take it to kipper or keioc. there was a kirkby thread and it's closed as it was going nowhere.

the car parks are fine at either asda or tesco but tesco has the stores at petrol stations and also sells lpg, although there are a few asda down south that do as well.my local petrol station has a somerfield in it, they do triple chocolate pecan plaits and they really are good.

" If you've not got the hint yet, I'll put it in laymans terms "

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Classic, lad :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I didn't realise you were so far up your own arse, you'd have to use that one - Fckin brilliant !!

Unless the economic realities of the game change suddenly overnight - as has already been stated, owning a stake in the club wouldn't be something the Tesco board could square with their shareholders.
So, won't happen.

As to whether it would be a good idea..I guess most of you are too young to remember the scandals involving the daughter of Tesco's founder, whose family is still allegedly the company's biggest shareholder.
Selling off graveyards...paying council tenants to move to other boroughs to reduce the labour vote...pissing off to Israel to avoid prosecution and sequestration..

Which is not to say the stadium plan as it stands is a bad idea. But I'd still rather it was the Co-op.

I guess most of you are too young to remember the scandals involving the daughter of Tesco's founder, whose family is still allegedly the company's biggest shareholder.
Selling off graveyards...paying council tenants to move to other boroughs to reduce the labour vote...pissing off to Israel to avoid prosecution and sequestration..

I believe she sold those graveyards for 15/20 pence without any communication with the families or relatives of those buried there. It makes me shudder to think we may be linked to that woman, no matter how tenuous the link, and that she may at some point profit from our club.

Yes

Lancashire County Council

Kirkby has never been governed by a Liverpool-based council, as in 1974 it became part of "Knowsley" along with Huyton and Prescot.

It's amazing how many people still dont know that - even the "learned" Professor Tom Cannon protests the Kirkby of his childhood was 'part of Liverpool until 1974'. There's stupid, and then there's academic stupid I suppose. Estates in Kirkby, Huyton and Halewood were built and controlled by Liverpool City Council - the housing stock - but administratively in all other things they were self contained urban district councils falling outside the city boundaries and operating within the wider Lancs County Council.

It's really not that hard to understand. I mean, if SKY football business pundit and Knowsley business guru Cannon cant get that trifling fact right, how could he be trusted to get anything else right?

Anyway, it's all Liverpool City Region now. Warrington and Wrexham are in the new Liverpool. :unsure:

" If you've not got the hint yet, I'll put it in laymans terms "

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Classic, lad :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I didn't realise you were so far up your own arse, you'd have to use that one - Fckin brilliant !!

you do realise this will get locked, it's a roundabout with no exits, use pm's ffs as it's become very boring when every thread is turned into a kirkby thread.

thats my point, from right up in the top corners of my own arse.

I don't like the link between Tesco value and Everton, it worries me.

I just got 16 'ocean' sticks, can't call them crab sticks anymore apparently due to lack of crab.

Or fish sticks, for similar reasons.

They were quite nice though.

I also had some thick Richmond Irish recipe sausages that were reduced to 50p.

Brown sauce obv.

The location is a non-argument for me.

If we move to Kirkby then people against the location might as well not bother supporting the team then because we'll be a Knowsley team like Tranmere. Follow that other team from Liverpool, wash your hands if its that big of deal.

And dont be all "cant you see its wrong we're moving out of the city" rubbish. Untill the Kirkby move came into light, Kirkby was as scouse as a pan of scouse. But that one thing about it being just outside the city limits kicked off a fan made action group purely on that basis, became a point of fun for the RS over the road that hurt many Evertonians who happen to listen to everything they say and take it to heart even though their club hero Stevie GBH is from Huyton ie Knowsley - but he's Mr Liverpool aint he? But that doesnt matter, Kirkby is a wool town full of people born in Liverpool, from Liverpool.

Nor does it matter than 90% of Evertonians voted for a move the last time Kirkby was brought up, the Kirkby Golf Course. But I was told it was on the right side of the motorway so that was okay....but it was still in Kirkby like.

Anyway, back on to Tesco - I always though Tesco Terry would throw some wealth in but someone told a reason why he doesnt that I forgot about.

I don't like the link between Tesco value and Everton, it worries me.

I just got 16 'ocean' sticks, can't call them crab sticks anymore apparently due to lack of crab.

Or fish sticks, for similar reasons.

They were quite nice though.

I also had some thick Richmond Irish recipe sausages that were reduced to 50p.

Brown sauce obv.

so are they full of ocean ? 'brine' sticks doesnt sount too tempting though does it. 'surimi' is what i've seen them called abroad.
good find on the sausages though, that butty will taste miles better at that price.

I believe she sold those graveyards for 15/20 pence without any communication with the families or relatives of those buried there. It makes me shudder to think we may be linked to that woman, no matter how tenuous the link, and that she may at some point profit from our club.

It was 15p for three - they had a special offer on :-)))

What amused me most was that a then tory MP was among those who had family buried there.

As to being linked to her through Tesco guess that's just an inevitable result of working in partnership with any publicly traded company, which given the cost of a new stadium seems unavoidable.
No need for them to take a stake in the club though.

Anyway, back on to Tesco - I always though Tesco Terry would throw some wealth in but someone told a reason why he doesnt that I forgot about.

He's the cheif executive of Tesco, the 'top manager' if you like.

He doesnt own the company, he runs it for the people who do.

His job is to ensure that the company make as big a profit as possible so that the people who do own the company - the shareholders - earn as much money as they can.

The company board of directors - which is elected by the shareholders to represent their interests, could decide to 'donate' money to the club. Company boıards do allow companies to donate money to charities and other 'worthy causes. Chances of them giving us cash are less than zero. Everton FC is company too, not a charity.

you do realise this will get locked, it's a roundabout with no exits, use pm's ffs as it's become very boring when every thread is turned into a kirkby thread.

thats my point, from right up in the top corners of my own arse.

Fair enough, lad.
I know it's all old news to members who have been on here a fair bit of time, but I haven't and the only people I've discussed Kirkby with are me bird, me arl fella and one blue mate (Everyone else I know closely is red and they just laugh and say get out of our city, which grinds me no end).
So when I get a chance to bring something up on a forum filled with blues, I just want to see what you all think about things that have come up privately.
Obviously the Tesco thing sounds a bit daft, hence the ridicule, but blues are joining this forum every day, so while I won't mention it again, I don't think it's ever going away until a decision is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back