Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube - EFC Stadium: Everton FC - Why we must move

Mr Elstone's view on Goodison park and why we need to leave. I can see his point about a larger ground, more fans but Goodison is hallowed.

I cannot ever condone leaving Goodison , but just on the point of the , "more fans ", thing . Our average when winning the Title in 87 was around 35,000 . Actually a little less than the year we were nearly relegated in 98 . We do not need a 55/60 thou stadium as , patently , we would not fill it . Sorry , but this is a fact .
Moreover ,this , from someone whom has missed one home game in 20 odd years .
As I say , Ill never leave Goodison , if they go to Kirkby , ( Sock - Robbers !!! ) , then they go without me , but I do not see the logic , replacing an area full of Blues with one where the majority are reds , or if not , mancs/bolton/preston etc , or even egg chasers .
Not for me on any level . Check Arsene Wenger's comments on Goodison ( and Bally's , for that matter ; God rest his soul . ), why ever would we give that up ? Plus , and finally . Fashion is cyclical .
For every one who now espouses a concrete bowl Reebok/Britannia/...of Light / Walkers / etc , there will be those who , in 10 years say , " Thank fuk " , we held on to our historical base , one of only 5 , maybe 10 to have done it . THAT is the real foresighted decision .
I thank yo' .

Give it another few months, he'll be making videos saying how we cant think of leaving the Old Lady. He's the hired help.

It's all been said before, so I'll reiterate again that Kirkby is an absolute stinker of a move. I won't add anything to Lcab's post above, he's spot on. Everton are a Liverpool club, that's where our core support lives. It doesn't live in Lancashire, which is the new hunting ground east of Kirkby.

It's all been said before, so I'll reiterate again that Kirkby is an absolute stinker of a move. I won't add anything to Lcab's post above, he's spot on. Everton are a Liverpool club, that's where our core support lives. It doesn't live in Lancashire, which is the new hunting ground east of Kirkby.

The whole thing is destined to be of those mad events in the history of Everton FC that we'll all chuckle at in a few years time. In the same way we now talk about Howard's ill fated team bonding sessions, we'll be laughing our bollocks off recounting details of this proposed move:

"D'yer remember the time that nobhead Wyness feller said we'd be tapping into the 4 million population of something called the 'Liverpool City Region' to fill a stadium at Kirkby?. Fcuk me, we dodged a bullet there".

There's loads of woolies in the main stand - From Billinge and Wigan and **** knows where.

The funniest time was against Hull when 4 fellas sat in front of me and me bird.
One said to another. . ." Eee 'tis a reet grand view, Terreh . . "
" Eye, better 'n on the telleh "

I nearly fell off me ****** seat :lol:

The whole thing is destined to be of those mad events in the history of Everton FC that we'll all chuckle at in a few years time. In the same way we now talk about Howard's ill fated team bonding sessions, we'll be laughing our bollocks off recounting details of this proposed move:

"D'yer remember the time that nobhead Wyness feller said we'd be tapping into the 4 million population of something called the 'Liverpool City Region' to fill a stadium at Kirkby?. Fcuk me, we dodged a bullet there".

Of course, all the current RS and Man utd fans living that way will switch to Everton, and all those that couldn't care less about football will suddenly begin loving the beautiful game, given the opportunity to spend every second weekend in salubrious Kirkby. Wyness is a genius, glad Bill listened to him.

Sort this thread out GOT lid.....

On the subject, we need to sort something out ground wise. If we want to be up their with the "big clubs" we need to update big time.

Even arle Fergie laughs at out changies. Need to get with the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back