Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just gonna post that, Dave. You beat me to it. There's nothing new in the article, only the stadium cost seems to have dropped to £300m (sure it was £400m not so long ago).

I really think considering both clubs need a new stadium, that this seems a distinct possibility. When Kirkby falls through (please God), where else can Everton go? It's tart up Everton or a groundshare. And considering Liverpool are in serious financial trouble, they have the same issue as us. They can't afford £300m and are continually complaining that their pathetic stadium is too small.

It's on the cards.

Wasn't their some money available from somewhere if Everton and Liverpool chose to groundshare?

I'm just interested in the costs. Raising £150m is a lot of cash for both clubs, especially Everton. In saying that, at least the stadium wouldn't be [Poor language removed] and in the wrong town. :D

I was just gonna post that, Dave. You beat me to it. There's nothing new in the article, only the stadium cost seems to have dropped to £300m (sure it was £400m not so long ago).

I really think considering both clubs need a new stadium, that this seems a distinct possibility. When Kirkby falls through (please God), where else can Everton go? It's tart up Everton or a groundshare. And considering Liverpool are in serious financial trouble, they have the same issue as us. They can't afford £300m and are continually complaining that their pathetic stadium is too small.

It's on the cards.

Agreed, mate. The likes of Ross know this Kirkby proposal is the last throw of the dice. Ross' fury is due to the timing of this possible alternative suggestion - he and the board are desperate to show the Inspector and Sec of State that there really is no alternative for Everton. He's wasting his time, tbh. The new feller at the Local Govnt and Communities helm, John Denham, is a football fan who knows the pitfalls of a club shifting stadiums beyond it's means, that it's not the panacea it's cracked up to be (he's currently working with Southampton supporters groups to buy St Mary's off the owners and lease it back to the club!!).

Short of an Arab buyout of Liverpool FC (they've missed the boat on that one, imo) a shared stadium is the only way forward for football stadia construction in this city.

I cant beleive anyone would be against the new stadium that much to get into bed with that lot!

Id rather play home games in a feild with jackets used as goal posts.

Kind of important Everton issue..

So I never bothered to read all those topics about the potential move to Kirby since It wouldn't affect at all. (I live in New York) So can someone logically explain to me in a matter of a sentence or two what the big deal is about that. I understand that Goodison Park has its lure and I can even pick that up from watching some live games especially the UEFA cup ones.

I'm just curious especially with this improbable takeover rumor going around once again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back