Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Express, which is hardly the most accurate source, the scheme is set to be called in:

Everton's plans for a new £130million stadium are poised to suffer a major setback with the Government now likely to call in the project for further scrutiny.
The decision is set to be rubber-stamped in the next fortnight and would throw the entire scheme, which has been earmarked to be located just outside the city boundaries in Kirkby, into jeopardy.
A public inquiry may take up to 12 months to be heard and rising costs could force Everton to abandon the blueprint, which is set to include a tie-up with supermarked chain Tesco.

The thing is though, even with the rising costs, it'll still be the cheapest option.

That's true. I was looking at the pictures on the OS and they looked pretty cool. Although they would, wouldn't they.

I expect we will end up paying near to £100m if this does go through. For an extra £50m we could, if it was offered, get to share with the RS, which is about as popular as destination Kirkby. And at the moment, no other options seems to be seriously on the cards.

It's as though we are stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one. I would love it to be over so we know what is going to happen and could get on with supporting the team rather than worrying about grounds.

The thing is though, even with the rising costs, it'll still be the cheapest option.

Where is your evidence that this stadium is the cheapest option, as opposed to redeveloping Goodison, other than what HRW says ?
If it transpired that GP could be redeveloped for the same money, would you still prefer to move the club to Kirkby ?

the cost of redeveloping goodison must be near the cost of kirkby by now... or even by the end of the kirkby project. god knows what the club are going to sping on us next.

a redeveloped goodison. that would be amazing.

the cost of redeveloping goodison must be near the cost of kirkby by now... or even by the end of the kirkby project. god knows what the club are going to sping on us next.

They keep drip feeding us the horror, bit by bit until we become immune to the lies and mis-information. But most of us arnt swallowing it anymore. In a couple of weeks it will get called in and unpicked. Then, this nightmare might be over and Wyness will be shown the door.

I am sure he knows what the door looks like. He probably noticed it when he arrived. Possibly a nice security door, fire retardent and all that.

My garden would still be a nice venue though. I promise to keep the price of the beer down.

of course, with the kirkby proposal (as with any new stadium, including groundshare), the deal would entail a massive increasing of the club's debt-burden from very early on in the process. whereas redevelopment of goodison could be initiated for far less & each phase brought on stream according to demand & the prevailing financial situation.

Dennis.......That is a perfectly feasible idea, they could start by trying to buy up some of Bullens Rd, like they should have done years back. They would then have the space to increase the footprint and they could start to plan the Tom Hughs ( sorry if I spelt Hughs wrong) idea which is FAB and if they would actually cost it out, I bet would be cheaper than the glorified industrial unit they want to build in Kirkby.

Is anyone getting bored of the stadium [Poor language removed] by now?

Alright we get the point, Kirkby is the evil idea spawn of the devil incarnate himself - Wyness. And its not even scouse, lots of people on here (myself included) didnt think we were wools until this stadium thing came about. I hate Wyness for that alone. And its going to be one bad plazzy stadium for sure.

Just cut all the teddishness out, its not some Alabama courtroom you quegs.

Apart from Blair, who offers sensible contributions to it and is generally ace. And Dennis too, I like him.

Anyway you bordering-on-manic-depression-over-a-potential-four-mile-move militants: its summer and there loads of boss things to turn your attention to, like Riquelme coming, the great annual summer female flesh baring jamboree and beer gardens.

Ye mar.

Is anyone getting bored of the stadium [Poor language removed] by now?

Alright we get the point, Kirkby is the evil idea spawn of the devil incarnate himself - Wyness. And its not even scouse, lots of people on here (myself included) didnt think we were wools until this stadium thing came about. I hate Wyness for that alone. And its going to be one bad plazzy stadium for sure.

Just cut all the teddishness out, its not some Alabama courtroom you quegs.

Apart from Blair, who offers sensible contributions to it and is generally ace. And Dennis too, I like him.

Anyway you bordering-on-manic-depression-over-a-potential-four-mile-move militants: its summer and there loads of boss things to turn your attention to, like Riquelme coming, the great annual summer female flesh baring jamboree and beer gardens.

Ye mar.

Oy, ya bitch. I have been very constructive. I have offered my back garden and everything. Bars with mates rates and loads of other really good stuff I found in New Brighton arcades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back