Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love you too mate, where've you been?

Moyes out

Sign Bellamy and Nugent or I'm ripping up me season ticket

etc etc

You've made me blush there toots.

My internet plays up in my boudiour pal, some weeks it cool, some weeks its a dirty stinking pigdog.

I gave up on Everton when we missed out on Paul Dickov.

burns Marcus Bent effigy*

it's always refreshing to read a different perspective. the old stadium "debate" does tend to swirl round like an old-time dance - or should that be like water down the plug-hole?

anyway, if it all falls through that'll be the end of my idea of bringing back the sedan chair - i bet that could have been a real money-spinner on match-days!

p.s. ta for your complimentary comments, chico.

Last edited:
Where is your evidence that this stadium is the cheapest option, as opposed to redeveloping Goodison, other than what HRW says ?
If it transpired that GP could be redeveloped for the same money, would you still prefer to move the club to Kirkby ?

My evidence is my common sense.

Why don't Liverpool redevelop Anfield?

Why didn't Arsenal revedelop Highbury?

Why did even Peter Johnson rule out the possibility of redeveloping Goodison?

Because its not financially viable or rewarding, and then enters the question of whether its possible... which it isn't. Not 55,000 with room for more, thats for sure. As for attracting other events such as World Cup games... have you seen the whole area? Not a chance. Officials would see narrow sidestreets and there goes any chance.

We are going to move ground, we'll need the aid of a third party otherwise its simply not possible as we aren't rich, nor are we a one city side who can rely on the council.

If Kirkby is called in, it will just add money to the bill simply because of the lack of alternative. It wont end the move.

Thats the end of me talking about the whole situation now. If we move, sound. If we don't, sack Wyness and wait until we move into a retail park in Speke.

My evidence is my common sense.

Why don't Liverpool redevelop Anfield?

Why didn't Arsenal revedelop Highbury?

Why did even Peter Johnson rule out the possibility of redeveloping Goodison?

Because its not financially viable or rewarding, and then enters the question of whether its possible... which it isn't. Not 55,000 with room for more, thats for sure. As for attracting other events such as World Cup games... have you seen the whole area? Not a chance. Officials would see narrow sidestreets and there goes any chance.

We are going to move ground, we'll need the aid of a third party otherwise its simply not possible as we aren't rich, nor are we a one city side who can rely on the council.

If Kirkby is called in, it will just add money to the bill simply because of the lack of alternative. It wont end the move.

Thats the end of me talking about the whole situation now. If we move, sound. If we don't, sack Wyness and wait until we move into a retail park in Speke.

tbh, got, i don't see a heck of a lot of sense there, common or otherwise.

for every club that's moved, there's another that's stayed put & made incremental improvements to their existing ground.

as for your opinion on the viability & feasibility of redeveloping goodison park, it's just that, your opinion. others have indicated it's possible & with an increased capacity, which makes sense to me - but that's just my opinion.
btw, kirkby won't be 55k with room for more either, nor will it host any world cup matches or concerts.

perhaps you're right & we will move ground someday, but i don't believe it's yet an inevitability. as for kirkby being the only option, isn't that just parroting the board's line? it doesn't seem like a very good idea to me, i reckon we'd be better off looking for one of those elusive alternatives. you never know, we might find one that's better than what we've been sold so far.

tbh, got, i don't see a heck of a lot of sense there, common or otherwise.

for every club that's moved, there's another that's stayed put & made incremental improvements to their existing ground.

as for your opinion on the viability & feasibility of redeveloping goodison park, it's just that, your opinion. others have indicated it's possible & with an increased capacity, which makes sense to me - but that's just my opinion.
btw, kirkby won't be 55k with room for more either, nor will it host any world cup matches or concerts.

perhaps you're right & we will move ground someday, but i don't believe it's yet an inevitability. as for kirkby being the only option, isn't that just parroting the board's line? it doesn't seem like a very good idea to me, i reckon we'd be better off looking for one of those elusive alternatives. you never know, we might find one that's better than what we've been sold so far.
I honestly cant think of a worse one than Kirkby but who really has the answers as you rightly say ITs all about opinions:unsure:

Last edited:
Is anyone getting bored of the stadium [Poor language removed] by now?

Alright we get the point, Kirkby is the evil idea spawn of the devil incarnate himself - Wyness. And its not even scouse, lots of people on here (myself included) didnt think we were wools until this stadium thing came about. I hate Wyness for that alone. And its going to be one bad plazzy stadium for sure.

Just cut all the teddishness out, its not some Alabama courtroom you quegs.

Apart from Blair, who offers sensible contributions to it and is generally ace. And Dennis too, I like him.

Anyway you bordering-on-manic-depression-over-a-potential-four-mile-move militants: its summer and there loads of boss things to turn your attention to, like Riquelme coming, the great annual summer female flesh baring jamboree and beer gardens.

Ye mar.

That's what gets my goat sometimes too. Me and my family are from Kirkby and when you read stuff from fans that think the place is the hell-incarnate because "its not Liverpool" etc that they're all woolybacks etc, it just makes you feel [Poor language removed]. Kirkby is probably more associated with the City that any other town outside that boundry, and because of a couple of yards the town gets stick like it was a place in Catmandu.

It was even brought up last week that the proposed move to Kirkby year ago didnt come under any backlash because "it was on the right side of the mototway" which was litterally yards away from the boundry. Untill the stadium move came about, Kirkby was just a small town that was as scouse as any other - now its a different part of the country.

This aint a pro/anti-kirkby move rant (personally I think Kirkby can work as a location its just the stadium plans and what the club get out of it that are very dodgy) I just think it tears some of the fanbase up. The majority of people from Kirkby are Blue, and its a little heartbreaking when you say to a fan "I'm from Kirkby" they can look at you in disgust and say "you aint scouse" (before you smash em in the head like).

This wasnt a problem a year ago. Sad times.

That's what gets my goat sometimes too. Me and my family are from Kirkby and when you read stuff from fans that think the place is the hell-incarnate because "its not Liverpool" etc that they're all woolybacks etc, it just makes you feel [Poor language removed]. Kirkby is probably more associated with the City that any other town outside that boundry, and because of a couple of yards the town gets stick like it was a place in Catmandu.

It was even brought up last week that the proposed move to Kirkby year ago didnt come under any backlash because "it was on the right side of the mototway" which was litterally yards away from the boundry. Untill the stadium move came about, Kirkby was just a small town that was as scouse as any other - now its a different part of the country.

This aint a pro/anti-kirkby move rant (personally I think Kirkby can work as a location its just the stadium plans and what the club get out of it that are very dodgy) I just think it tears some of the fanbase up. The majority of people from Kirkby are Blue, and its a little heartbreaking when you say to a fan "I'm from Kirkby" they can look at you in disgust and say "you aint scouse" (before you smash em in the head like).

Where in Kirkby you from pal?

Where in Canada you living now?

Where in Kirkby you from pal?

Where in Canada you living now?

Northwood. Me nan, grandad and dad etc were from Scotty Road and moved to Kirkby moons ago when me dad was a nipper.

I'm dont live in Canada, sorry mate, I use the name on lots of forums (its from a Manga anime film but I spelt it wrong hehe). I'm up in Sheffield of all places, but ping about from their, Doncaster and Newcastle then Liverpool - mostly down to work.

Kenda mate I am against the move but its got nothing to do with Kirkby and as far as most are concerned it matters not a jot, be you from Kirkby or America we are all blues my gripe is that the figures dont add up and as inflation kicks in it will get worse.(y)

Boss stadiums:

smallmaraca.jpg

Maracanã

images

Estadio Azteca

CAMP%20NOU.jpg

Nou Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back