Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenda mate I am against the move but its got nothing to do with Kirkby and as far as most are concerned it matters not a jot, be you from Kirkby or America we are all blues my gripe is that the figures dont add up and as inflation kicks in it will get worse.(y)

I mentioned that in the original post. It was just a rant about that there are lots of fans who are just against it because of the boundry and are vocal about it being "not scouse" and wouldnt set foot in the place if we did move there, which is fair enough. It just feels to me that when you mention you're from there some fans look at you like the spawn of satan.

EstadioSantiagoBernabeu.jpg

Estadio Santiago Bernabeu

544_big.jpg

San Siro

images

Alllianz Arena

I mentioned that in the original post. It was just a rant about that there are lots of fans who are just against it because of the boundry and are vocal about it being "not scouse" and wouldnt set foot in the place if we did move there, which is fair enough. It just feels to me that when you mention you're from there some fans look at you like the spawn of satan.
That's the worse thing about this you have fans at each others throats from the start there seems to be more insults than fact's the guys with the if you are not from inside the borders your not scouse are so sad,

Loads of fans went over the top on the Kirkby thing. Mostly because theyre fond of their boozer on County Road and cant be arsed moving.

Hanging onto the Kirkby thing being out the city smacks of meltishness.

adjusts earing and strokes snide muzzy*

thats it sorted, it was the long location "1/2 way between the devils and the royal blue mersey" that did it. thats why i also put "giving you the wider view" under ny name as well

protest in kirkby 2day......

not long got back from the protest. about 100+ or so cars brought kirkby town centre to a standstill an the police would only let us drive around it once as there resources could not cope with anymore mayhem around the town. (imagine 50,000 then!). 100+ cars is a rough estimate (mayb more) but hard to give an exact figure. there were people from KEIOC, KRAG, KTA an 1ST 4 KIRKBY there. there was about mayb 300 or more people there. not the best of turnouts as this was, a late in the day arranged protest, but the point was well an truely made. there was lots of support from the kirkby public on the streets who seemed happy with what they were seeing.

Juice fm an the bbc had camera crews there. a large police presence kept the protest in order. lots of signs an balloon waving an stickers wer being passed around. every1 beeping there horns for the whole journey. was just a peaceful protest really but well worth it. apparantly this is going to become more of a regular thing an i for sure will be at the next one. next sat was mentioned so i ask any1 interested to keep there eyes out an ears open an join any protests in the future.

keep gettin more signatures people on the petition. 2200 on it now an still growing!

this 100 events a year business, i take it that means concerts and stuff in the summer and not council meetings in one of the lounges etc,
Man City announced the other day that they will be playing their uefa cup qualifyer at Barnsley's ground as their pitch is wrecked and needs repairing following a jon bon jovi concert.

this 100 events a year business, i take it that means concerts and stuff in the summer and not council meetings in one of the lounges etc,
Man City announced the other day that they will be playing their uefa cup qualifyer at Barnsley's ground as their pitch is wrecked and needs repairing following a jon bon jovi concert.

Jesus, I hope not... it would be bad enough if it were tying up conference space, never mind the potential big stuff (which we only get to do 6 times /year). Bearing in mind, if the Planning rules only allow for 6 uses, and KMBC take 2 or 3 of them, we'd be royally shafted.

I'm pretty sure the 100 or so /year would be limited to use of the conference facilities, rather than holding big [Poor language removed] off conventions or the like.

Jesus, I hope not... it would be bad enough if it were tying up conference space, never mind the potential big stuff (which we only get to do 6 times /year). Bearing in mind, if the Planning rules only allow for 6 uses, and KMBC take 2 or 3 of them, we'd be royally shafted.

I'm pretty sure the 100 or so /year would be limited to use of the conference facilities, rather than holding big [Poor language removed] off conventions or the like.
How did we agree to this 100 per year free its a joke if you rent a house you dont let the landlord stay for free, Wyness should be made to explain this and we cant have any concerts because of disturbing the residents dose this apply to the council? as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back