Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce,I don't have an issue with moving To be fair though, Danny, it's hardly a position of strength to canvas from though, is it? I can imagine the sales pitch now:

"We're looking at kickstarting a development in the City with yourselves as retail partners and EFC as an anchor. Can you spare a couple of months and a couple of hundred grand to help put the proposal together? Oh, and by the way, Everton won't talk to you, are dead set on going somewhere else, have signed an exclusivity agreement to that effect and don't even seem to like us very much any more.

Hello?.... hello?" click.

Precisely. And when things do get a little further, as with the Scotland Road site where HOK carried out an appraisal on behalf of siteowners, Bestway (who said they'd co-operate fully with the club and LCC), impossible demands are forthcoming like 'where's your £52m?'. They want every penny to come from some other source and every brick accounted for...to 'match Tesco' - a deal that's so good it'll cost you £80-£100M for the benefit of inhabiting a bog standard stadium on a retail park.

But, you was comparing the stadium to the JJB/Reebok - which incidentally - are in the middle of nowhere.

Not to mention the Kirkby design being completely different to both, stands/capacity etc

More like

"The Kirkby nonsense is crap, its like the JJB, Reebok, Riverside" - When in reality, its nothing like them?

But all down to opinion really, I just can not see any similarity with say, the JJB to the Kirkby design. None what so ever. One example - the JJB has four stands and no tiers. Doesn't the Kirkby design have tiers on every stand?

Im sorry but what on earth are you talking about?

The JJB stadium is located on a retail park in Wigan town centre. The proposed Kirkby stadium is located on a retail park in Kirkby town centre.

Wigan is TWICE the size of Kirkby.

The proposed Kirkby stadium is EXACTLY like the JJB, but with extra tiers.

If you take the second tiers of the proposed Kirkby stadium, you get an EXACT REPLICA of the [Poor language removed] JJB stadium.

I never understand this logic. If 40,000 can get into Goodison... 50,000 should get to Kirkby much, much easier. Why? Well its right on the arse end of motorway etc

*awaits the "But Kirkby train station isn't good enough" argument - well, its just as good, if not better (certainly better than say Kirkdale) than the rail stations currently serving Goodison Park.

Christ.

Kirkby train station is significantly more inadequate than kirkdale. For a start there is only one single merseyrail line, travelling in just the one direction.

The Reebok is located right next to the M61, have you tried getting out in a car after full time? good expeience was it? Im sure you were in and out in no time.

You WILL NOT be able to park your car in Kirkby town centre, the club and KMBC are spending thousands on making sure this dosnt happen.

The car parks are situated 45 minutes away from the stadium. Tens of thousands will have to travel to park and ride schemes based in Aintree etc etc, just to be launched onto a luxuary 52 seater coach (as if) that takes you to Kirkby.

Waltons transport infrastructure is far superior than Kirkbys, there is nothing to debate regarding this subject, its a fact.

The Transport and the fincial aspects to this move mate are all red herrings the spin can be twisted any way you want depending on what your opinion is.

Feasibility studies have proved that redevelopment options of the existing Goodison Park satdium are limited, and rebuilding to modern design and safety standards would reduce overall capacity to circa 35,000 maximum. The likely cost would be in the order of £130 million at July 2008 prices, not including the loss of revenue during construction.

Ha ha ha, what feasability studies? Somebody mentioned that they were produced by Savills etc, this is speculation.

Everton have been asked to produce these 'feasibility studies', they have been asked who created them? and how they concluded such bullshit figures?

None of these questions have been answered, and the supposed 'feasability study' has not been submitted to the inquiry.

Hmm? I wonder why that is? Maybe becuase they dont exist? or maybe because its content is unsubstantiated bullshit?

Elstone cross examined today: CEO Faces Cross-Examination – News Archive – News – evertonfc.com - The Official Website of Everton Football Club

On the "sale" of the club:

"Mr Lancaster then referred to a document presented as evidence suggesting the major shareholders had no intention of selling their interest in the Club.

Mr Elstone pointed out that selling shares would not raise funds to build a new stadium. Mr Lancaster then cited a comment from Bill Kenwright at the recent EGM suggesting he would be willing to sell his shares to a billionaire.

Mr Lancaster suggested corporate finance house Seymour-Pierce have been instructed by Mr Kenwright to sell the Club. Mr Elstone pointed out that wasn't the case and nor was it the case they had been instructed by the Club."

:lol::lol::lol:

They dont call him Billy Liar for [Poor language removed] all.

You know it's funny.

At first, I had an interest in a new stadium, Kirkby, revamping Goodison, etc....

But after all that's gone on and with the supporters having a go at each other on the issue, I really don't care about it anymore.

Seriously, I don't care. I don't care if we stay. I don't care if we go.

I think that the world economy and the credit issues have put a hold on any stadium plans to the extent that it really isn't a relevant issue right now.

I don't see anything happening with a stadium for at least the next 3-5 years. And it's during this time frame that I could see the issues about money in football changing from what they are today. How you ask? I don't exactly know. But I don't think football can continue on the path it's on right now. Things are going to change.

Elstone cross examined today: CEO Faces Cross-Examination – News Archive – News – evertonfc.com - The Official Website of Everton Football Club

"Mr Lancaster then referred to a document presented as evidence suggesting the major shareholders had no intention of selling their interest in the Club.

Mr Elstone pointed out that selling shares would not raise funds to build a new stadium. Mr Lancaster then cited a comment from Bill Kenwright at the recent EGM suggesting he would be willing to sell his shares to a billionaire.

Mr Lancaster suggested corporate finance house Seymour-Pierce have been instructed by Mr Kenwright to sell the Club. Mr Elstone pointed out that wasn't the case and nor was it the case they had been instructed by the Club."

:lol::lol::lol:

They dont call him Billy Liar for [Poor language removed] all.

Im speculating here Dave but might that be that Elstone just denied that Seymour-Price had been instructed as opposed to Bill just being "willing" to sell his shares. Thats some difference isnt it.

Regarding transport issue.

Random fact for you all.

Kirkdale train station;
Annual rail passenger usage
2004/05 * 0.411 million
2005/06 * 0.452 million
2006/07 * 0.442 million

Now. Lets look at figures for Kirkby train station - the station which apparently unlike Kirkdale - simply couldn't handle the increased load of Evertonians;

Kirkby train station
2004/05 * 0.516 million
2005/06 * 0.560 million
2006/07 * 0.639 million

Unlike Kirkdale, Kirkby has not even been revamped recently. Some food for thought (y)

What an absolute crock of [Poor language removed], all that crap about Keith Harris selling our club and the CEO comes out and says that he's never been instructed to sell the club?!

furious here.

Mr Lancaster SUGGESTED corporate finance house Seymour-Pierce have been instructed by Mr Kenwright to sell the Club. Mr Elstone pointed out that wasn't the case and nor was it the case they had been instructed by the Club."
Doesnt that mean Mr Lancaster is just barking up trees to get an answer if he's "suggesting" something? He got evidence of that? Elstone's just saying that Seymor-Pierce aint been instructed and that Seymour-Pierce havent instructed the club, doesnt it?

Im speculating here Dave but might that be that Elstone just denied that Seymour-Price had been instructed as opposed to Bill just being "willing" to sell his shares. Thats some difference isnt it.

No chico my pizza loving mate. At the EGM he asked his old friend Keith to look for him....I'd say that was active rather than passive....this is the EGM he said he'd 'sell up tomorrow' at by the way.

The feller cant help it chico. It's a sickness. He opens the arl grid up and misinformation spews out. It';s just 'Billisms'.

Random fact for you all.

Kirkdale train station;
2004/05 * 0.411 million
2005/06 * 0.452 million
2006/07 * 0.442 million

Now. Lets look at figures for Kirkby train station - the station which apparently unlike Kirkdale - simply couldn't handle the increased load of Evertonians;

Kirkby train station
2004/05 * 0.516 million
2005/06 * 0.560 million
2006/07 * 0.639 million

Unlike Kirkdale, Kirkby has not even been revamped recently. Some food for thought (y)

Food for thought indeed.. 0.639M passengers equates to 1,750 passengers per day.

Far more people will be expected to use the trains at Kirkby than currently utilise the rail network at Goodison (see the transport plan)

1,750 passengers per day is a long way short of 10,000 odd an hour, all going in one direction.

This is where Kirkby's geographic location does count, not because it lies to one side or another of some artibrary council line, but because the vast majority of fans will be arriving from, and leaving in, the same direction.

Not enough work has been done to make this viable.

Random fact for you all.

Kirkdale train station;
2004/05 * 0.411 million
2005/06 * 0.452 million
2006/07 * 0.442 million

Kirkby train station
2004/05 * 0.516 million
2005/06 * 0.560 million
2006/07 * 0.639 million

You miss the point completely.

Kirkdale can dispurse merseyside based fans in more than one direction, kirkby cant.

I dont know where you got your figures from? but all they do is show how many people used them over the course of a year. It has no bearing on a stations ability to cope with 3,500 football fans at any one point.

The 'crush loaded' trains can only hold a maximum of 950 people. There is only one train every 15 minutes. This means one train full of people will be waiting for up to an hour in an uncovererd Kirkby car park.

There has still been no mention as to where the away fans will go following full time. If they are expected to share the uncovered Kirkby car park with the home fans then they will have to be waiting for over an hour along side the home fans.

Your figures (wherever you got them from) are surprising considering that Kirkdale has the influx of matchday fans from both Everton and Liverpool.

The figures show how many people pass through a station every year, not its capability to handle 4,000 supporters at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back