Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chico my pizza loving mate. At the EGM he asked his old friend Keith to look for him....I'd say that was active rather than passive....this is the EGM he said he'd 'sell up tomorrow' at by the way.

The feller cant help it chico. It's a sickness. He opens the arl grid up and misinformation spews out. It';s just 'Billisms'.

I don't think it's malicious or sinister, Bill just says what he wants to believe (and I think he's pretty genuine, if a little naive in that respect) , but that doesn't always sit too comfortably with what will ride well at a public enquiry.

No chico my pizza loving mate. At the EGM he asked his old friend Keith to look for him....I'd say that was active rather than passive....this is the EGM he said he'd 'sell up tomorrow' at by the way.

The feller cant help it chico. It's a sickness. He opens the arl grid up and misinformation spews out. It';s just 'Billisms'.

So did they suggest that Seymour Price was told to find a new owner as thats how I read it mate. I dont think he said that he wasnt prepared to sell, just that Seymour Price hadnt been instruced which isnt a problem unless Bill has in the past said "Im onto Seymour Price to find me someone brewstered" or similar.

Food for thought indeed.. 0.639M passengers equates to 1,750 passengers per day.

Far more people will be expected to use the trains at Kirkby than currently utilise the rail network at Goodison (see the transport plan)

1,750 passengers per day is a long way short of 10,000 odd an hour, all going in one direction.

This is where Kirkby's geographic location does count, not because it lies to one side or another of some artibrary council line, but because the vast majority of fans will be arriving from, and leaving in, the same direction.

Not enough work has been done to make this viable.

Thing is though Blair, people have claimed Kirkby couldn't handle as many people as Kirkdale currently does - when in reality - Kirkby already handles more passengers?

Oh, and Kirkby has two lines running in two seperate directions. One to Liverpool, another to Wigan and Manchester. So maybe change the whole argument there as its based on the "one direction" (y)

Thing is though Blair, people have claimed Kirkby couldn't handle as many people as Kirkdale currently does - when in reality - Kirkby already handles more passengers?

Oh, and Kirkby has two lines running in two seperate directions. One to Liverpool, another to Wigan and Manchester. So maybe change the whole argument there as its based on the "one direction" (y)

I bet you those trains travelling to Wigan will be PACKED full of Evertonians.

So, if your figures are correct, Kirkby deals with approx 1700 people per day, how will it deal with 4000 football fans wanting to board a train at the exact same time?

Its simple, they expect you to wait in an uncovered Kirkby car park for an hour.

So did they suggest that Seymour Price was told to find a new owner as thats how I read it mate. I dont think he said that he wasnt prepared to sell, just that Seymour Price hadnt been instruced which isnt a problem unless Bill has in the past said "Im onto Seymour Price to find me someone brewstered" or similar.

Semantics mate. Bill stated we need a billionaire to compete; Harris was instructed to go and do what he did for other clubs in that respect; now we're told this wasn't the case.

Mr Harris, it appears, was either on a fools errand or....

umm...

What The Papers Say - November 12 – What The Papers Say – News – evertonfc.com - The Official Website of Everton Football Club

The Everton chairman, Bill Kenwright, has instructed Harris to find new investors after admitting that the club cannot keep borrowing and with a planned new stadium at Kirkby yet to be financed.

on the OS..

for those who don't know, Keith is the Chairman of Seymour Pierce. Either Bill, and the OS are telling porkies, or Bobby is :D

Semantics mate. Bill stated we need a billionaire to compete; Harris was instructed to go and do what he did for other clubs in that respect; now we're told this wasn't the case.

Mr Harris, it appears, was either on a fools errand or....

umm...

What The Papers Say - November 12 – What The Papers Say – News – evertonfc.com - The Official Website of Everton Football Club

on the OS..

for those who don't know, Keith is the Chairman of Seymour Pierce. Either Bill, and the OS are telling porkies, or Bobby is :D

Thats similar to the quote I was looking for.

Bill - YOU HORROR.

all depends on how many fans want to go in the other direction really doesn't it? Would be fine for the RS, get themselves across to Warrington Bank Quay and then they can head south, but the majority of our fans will want to be heading towards the mersey.

Just as an aside, it wouldn't be a matter of simply having both tracks running in the same direction - you have to be able to get the rolling stock back out of the city.

The (positive) transport plan has fans being crush loaded onto trains for over an hour after the game, that's not me, or some rabid KEIOC mentalist claiming that, but SDG.

No-one has said that.

Kirkdale is adequate because far fewer people need to use rails to get to GP. If you read the transport assessment plan for Kirkby this number is expected to be much higher. To solve this problem they suggest "crush-loading" the trains. Sounds nice, doesn't it?

And if there are no parking spaces for spectators anywhere near the stadium it's irrelevent how many roads go by it. You could have a ten-lane highway and it wouldn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back