Stadium Thread - ALL Kirkby/Stadium Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the wank-fest over a bowl shape? "Every new ground is bowl shape! Bowl shapes are the future!"

Goodison Park aint a bowl shape, we all love that ground. Aint our stadium design supposed to reflect GP and be designed for atmosphere (like GP) rather than a shiny round arsehole lacking any soul ala Emirates (boss stadium but all I hear is that its hollow like the new Wembley)? Aint it supposed to look different not be a Emirates/Wembley clone? Aint it meant to be Everton?

Even IF it was a bowl shape.....it still wouldnt make any difference to the pro and anti DK people. It'd just be a prettier problem.

Fans and atmosphere make a stadium, not the other way round IMO.

The fans need to do something. This is ridiculous, what can we do? As a unit? There are enough of us. We want a stadium that befits our right for the best, not make do with what we can afford.

Sure I know money is the issue, but then that really comes down to the owner of the club and his own ambitions.

I refuse to believe there is nobody out there who can make this club something special again.
Nick the only ambition at the club is to move to Kirkby and then sell up,so why would Kenwright or rather the guys pulling his strings care they are NOT Everton fans and just want a return on the cash Bill begged off them.to be honest I think to call us the peoples club is a piss take.as the people who count don't care what we want.I could accept Kirkby IF the figures added up to a huge profit but it just will not happen to many things wrong not just access but limitations on what we can use the ground for and a few other things that Bill and his cohorts have glibly sailed over.

Nick the only ambition at the club is to move to Kirkby and then sell up,so why would Kenwright or rather the guys pulling his strings care they are NOT Everton fans and just want a return on the cash Bill begged off them.to be honest I think to call us the peoples club is a piss take.as the people who count don't care what we want.I could accept Kirkby IF the figures added up to a huge profit but it just will not happen to many things wrong not just access but limitations on what we can use the ground for and a few other things that Bill and his cohorts have glibly sailed over.

Last time i looked, they give the 'people' a choice, something no other club has done and the 'people' said YES

Last time i looked, they give the 'people' a choice, something no other club has done and the 'people' said YES

Ive yet to meet anybody online or in person who has ever said they voted yes, im sure theres a few out there, but every single person ive spoke to has said they voted no and i include myself in this. Your probably gonna say you voted yes, congrats your the 1st.

Ive yet to meet anybody online or in person who has ever said they voted yes, im sure theres a few out there, but every single person ive spoke to has said they voted no and i include myself in this. Your probably gonna say you voted yes, congrats your the 1st.

Is mad the way things like that can be. I have yet to speak to someone in Kirkby who is against the ground move.

Funny old world :lol:

Wouldnt you say that most of people who voted no are more vocal about DK than the ones the voted yes, and that's why?

The vitriol spouted towards the yes voters about how they are gullable and have been sucked into to BK's lies has meant a few individuals taking a backwards step from being open about how they voted. sad really, but some of the selfish, well placed, 'in the know' people that want to stay and rot at goodison because of how comfortable they are were never going to accept other less privileged people wanting a move and a more uniform experience of the match.

Everton for Everyone, not just KEIOC!

The vitriol spouted towards the yes voters about how they are gullable and have been sucked into to BK's lies has meant a few individuals taking a backwards step from being open about how they voted. sad really, but some of the selfish, well placed, 'in the know' people that want to stay and rot at goodison because of how comfortable they are were never going to accept other less privileged people wanting a move and a more uniform experience of the match.

Everton for Everyone, not just KEIOC!

Suits, is there anything on this entire planet which doesn't give you a profound sense of injustice?:lol:

Granted there could be some who may want to stay for selfish reasons, there may be some who want to stay because they're worried about the ribbing they'd get from their RS mates for 'leaving the city'.

There are some of us, however, who accept that something needs to be done, and have no real problem with Kirkby as a location, but see this proposal as a ham-fisted, short-sighted lash up where the potential risks threaten to overshadow the marginal business case.

On this Forum, we're the minority, wanna join and be outraged?:lol::P

Theyve been taken to use as evidence in the enquiry mate!:lol:(y)

I think there was a technical hitch yesterday, and some pages of threads went missing, its all in the forum support forum.

Oh right. Thanks Neiler. It was a cracking post too, some telling comparative quotes from David Keirle to the public inquiry and Spurs OS. I'll just chalk it up to the Clique then. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back