Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any form of indemnity insurance? Do you have any relevant qualifications associated with your directorships?

You do know shareholders have a legal right to inspect statutory records at the registered address or similar.

This includes board meeting minutes.

I do and I know. This is very basic - and I still don't understand your comment. I would genuinely like you to explain the point, as I'm obviously missing it.

Your last comments weren't making it clearer - or maybe my initial post wasn't clear enough.

Do you have any form of indemnity insurance? Do you have any relevant qualifications associated with your directorships?

You do know shareholders have a legal right to inspect statutory records at the registered address or similar.

Qualifications are not a pre-requisite of any directorship. Anyone can be appointed. Even a multi.

Damo what has any of that go to do with his original post?

You're just posting random director facts from wiki that make no sense whatsoever in the context of this thread.

Pipe down lad, or your going to get your kecks pulled down yet again.

I do and I know. This is very basic - and I still do see or understand your comment. I would genuinely like you to explain the point, as I'm obviously missing it.

Your last comments weren't making it clearer - or maybe my initial post wasn't clear enough.

I'd counter and say that genuinely significant companies not having any board meetings; which are minuted and which are evidence of the directors undertaking their duties would raise some fairly significant concerns.

Qualifications are not a pre-requisite of any directorship. Anyone can be appointed. Even a multi.

They are for non-executive directorships. Or they're frankly a potential waste of time.

I'd counter and say that genuinely significant companies not having any board meetings; which are minuted and which are evidence of the directors undertaking their duties would raise some fairly significant concerns.

They are for non-executive directorships. Or they're frankly a potential waste of time.

Where do I state any of the above? Please quote me

Not in the financial industry

Equally, in many industries you won't get corporate liability insurances that you will probably need to do business without relevant qualifications.

So although they aren't statutory required - in some businesses/industries they are expected.

Like trying to appoint @MoutsGoat to a Director of Football position without qualifications of any sort - would look a little odd.

Where do I state any of the above? Please quote me

Its self evident as a consequence of what you stated.

Yes mate why don't you wax lyrical about all the investors queing up to buy us when we were utter crap
Oh wait there werent any were there? Yerh he hasn't been perfect but so what? We're in a better position because of bk than we would have been without him and your inability to float anything beyond glib comments speaks volumes

Some people would have had kenwright sell us to anyone so long as it wouldn't have been him. He hasn't been perfect but he's a better blue than any of the blue Union brigade who started piping up again last week.

Equally, in many industries you won't get corporate liability insurances that you will probably need to do business without relevant qualifications.

So although they aren't statutory required - in some businesses/industries they are expected.

Like trying to appoint @MoutsGoat to a Director of Football position without qualifications of any sort - would look a little odd.

Im over-qualified.

The are not. You can be appointed a NED without a single qualification...not even a GCSE.

Its self evident as a consequence of what you stated.

If that's what you interpret from my post I'm not sure I'd trust you to take minutes from a meeting I attend - insured or not.

Please make an effort if you want a serious discussion on the subject. From the other comments it would seem that you have an opportunity to redeem yourself - and I'm happy to admit if I wasn't making my point clear enough or out of context

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back