Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. It clearly says that EFC is governed by the board.

The chairman has only one vote on the EFC board. Two in the event of tie.
All companies are governed by the board. It's not a dictatorship however the chairman is the head of the board and wouldn't be the head of the board without the board's support therefore the board in practice vote along the lines of the chairman otherwise his position is untenable.

Moshiri has one person/vote on the board and to start dictating his agenda he would need to win or replace the Kenwright loyalists. This is what is called a boardroom coup. Obviously that's a pretty drastic course of action to take and be very sure that Kenwright would not have made that easy when bringing Moshiri on board which probably explains why he doesn't have a simple majority as there's probably articles that allows him to appoint and replace directors if he did.

At the moment Moshiri is happy with Kenwright however Kenwright also knows he can't simply ignore the wishes of Moshiri.

But basically Kenwright is still in charge. I hate to break that to people and it's also the main reason why you won't see Moshiri invest much beyond what he has agreed when he came on board. When he is ready to invest more he will expect equity and that will change the share makeup weakening Bill's position probably resulting him to sell up entirely and resign as Chairman. I suspect this is an agreed next step but probably not until the stadium situation gets sorted.

Abramovic isn't chairman at Chelsea, you telling me he has no say?
Absolutely not but he has the vast majority of the shares and therefore is free to appoint and remove directors. So ultimately he is control because he's in control of the people.

Moshiri doesn't have that power.

Several things should be noted: (i) the early strategy involved may of the senior, largest agents in the game which required the presence of Moshiri and/or Ryazantsev to sell the future of the club, ambitions, funding, stadium, new management structure etc.
(ii)When the focus shifted to more domestic players it would have been illogical not to leverage off Bill's relationships with City for the Stones sale, and Crystal Palace for the Bolasie purchase where again good relationships exist, and (iii) Moshiri is a very good politician, he knows how to play the game and like it or not using Bill's name gains respect across the football industry. Regardless of how a significant percentage of Evertonians feel he is well respected and liked across domestic football

And he still owns a significant amount of shares. Of course he still has a say in how the club is run. I'm glad he does too nowhere near as bad as the blue Union meffs make him out to be

If that's what you interpret from my post I'm not sure I'd trust you to take minutes from a meeting I attend - insured or not.

Please make an effort if you want a serious discussion on the subject. From the other comments it would seem that you have an opportunity to redeem yourself - and I'm happy to admit if I wasn't making my point clear enough or out of context

I'm serving as both executive and non-executive board member in several companies and would like to point out two things:
There's almost never a vote unless required as a formality - and for that reason the divide between executive and non-executive members has little practical importance.

The discussion is largely irrelevant.

I think its pretty self evident. If you have a board meeting. The board HAVE to vote on accepting the minutes of the last board meeting.

Its equally evident that the board should be having meetings. Those meetings should be minuted.

You try and justify appointing a NED without even a single GCSE or their renumeration.

Yes. Go on try.
A non exec director can add an area of specific expertise or just general industry or commercial knowledge.

Qualifications aren't a pre-requisite ergo you were totally incorrect in making that assertion.

You're welcome :)

And he still owns a significant amount of shares. Of course he still has a say in how the club is run. I'm glad he does too nowhere near as bad as the blue Union meffs make him out to be
Exactly. He's probably holding on to make sure Moshiri comes through on his promises regarding a stadium and we should be grateful of that.

Either that or he doesn't want to give up his trainset. I'm not 100% sure either way. Depends how charitable I am feeling.

It's fascinating seeing how this works, a system, players to fit the system to give small margins, not about the players about the system and which players can thrive within.

It really is going to be terrific to see how this philosphey works, we huhed at Gueye in apathy, seems like a mistake, we scoff at Bolaise, the outcome of this is riveting, I suspect he's going to fit like a glove.

Absolutely not but he has the vast majority of the shares and therefore is free to appoint and remove directors. So ultimately he is control because he's in control of the people.

Moshiri doesn't have that power.
I'm sure an elaborate SHA will have been agreed as part of Mr. Moshiris investment, including a lot of operational matters.
In my opinion he is now in control - and could exercise his rights if needed.

I think its pretty self evident. If you have a board meeting. The board HAVE to vote on accepting the minutes of the last board meeting.

Its equally evident that the board should be having meetings. Those meetings should be minuted.
Can you read? Or just copy paste?

Required by formality. Like accepting the minutes? In which case who votes is largely irrelevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back