• OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hair-fire.gif

We are replacing what we losted this Summer.

Gueye > Osman
Bolasie > Pienaar
Stelkenburg > Howard
Williams > Stones

All these players have played at Premiership level so there is no rejusting or 12 months settling in period.

What Koeman and Walsh have done have shored up the holes and now looking to add that bit of extra to make us better.

We have been linked to Mata, Witnel, Kobulibaly etc, these are the next level players so we add 1 or 2 of these then the starting XI looks stronger.

We add a few tried and trusted players like Kone or Bony there is no rush also.

If we can find a hidden gem such as Rolan, Ghezzal or Hallar then perfect.

Walsh is doing his job for his manager and for the best of the club both financially and to be competitive from day 1.

It isn't nonsense at all. It's people with way too much spare time on their hands moaning about something that doesn't affect them personally one iota!
So would you have been happy if we'd sold stones for £1million? You wouldn't would you? You'd have come on here and moaned like a lil bish. But why? It's not your money is it? So what's the difference?

We have a finite amount of money, and if we spend large amounts on players who don't improve us dramatically, we will have less money to spend on players who do. As somebody who goes to a lot of games, I like to see us a) entertain and b) win. The better the players we have, the more likely we are to do those things, and the happier I will be. I am, therefore, affected by these decisions.

I might be totally wrong about bolasie, he might single handed lay win us the league. If he does, you will never see anyone so happy to be wrong.

Gueye > Osman
Bolasie > Pienaar
Stelkenburg > Howard
Williams > Stones

All these players have played at Premiership level so there is no rejusting or 12 months settling in period.

What Koeman and Walsh have done have shored up the holes and now looking to add that bit of extra to make us better.

We have been linked to Mata, Witnel, Kobulibaly etc, these are the next level players so we add 1 or 2 of these then the starting XI looks stronger.

Walsh is doing his job for his manager and for the best of the club both financially and to be competitive from day 1.

Excellent post

Gueye > Osman
Bolasie > Pienaar
Stelkenburg > Howard
Williams > Stones

Excellent post. Hadn't considered it from that angle. i guess we just need to consider Williams as a short term fix.

I just hope we really do have a war chest and can get in a marquee signing before the end of the window. At the moment it feels financially like we haven't moved on. I'm hoping I'm proved wrong

Gueye > Osman
Bolasie > Pienaar
Stelkenburg > Howard
Williams > Stones

Your rational post has no place here... damn you for bringing this to peoples attention when their heads are popping... DAMN YOU.

Good post mate.

Excellent post. Hadn't considered it from that angle. i guess we just need to consider Williams as a short term fix.

I just hope we really do have a war chest and can get in a marquee signing before the end of the window. At the moment it feels financially like we haven't moved on. I'm hoping I'm proved wrong

On Moshiri knows his own mind, but my guess is that he wanted to kickstart the summer transfer incomings with 3 or 4 marquee signings, being the proverbial statement of intent to the watching world, and then fill in the squad member gaps as we got towards the end of August. Clearly, it hasn't worked out that way, still time though for it to happen in reverse.

Gueye > Osman
Bolasie > Pienaar
Stelkenburg > Howard
Williams > Stones

Far too sensible for this forum!!

On Moshiri knows his own mind, but my guess is that he wanted to kickstart the summer transfer incomings with 3 or 4 marquee signings, being the proverbial statement of intent to the watching world, and then fill in the squad member gaps as we got towards the end of August. Clearly, it hasn't worked out that way, still time though for it to happen in reverse.
To be fair it probably makes sense financially to save the bigger signings until the end of the window. If you flash too much cash early on then prices for everyone would go up.

We are building a team not every member of that team has to be ,or will be ,big name players. What matters is how they perform as a team /squad. That is what this management team will and should be judged on . Not on how many superstars they do or don't sign.

Gueye > Osman
Bolasie > Pienaar
Stelkenburg > Howard
Williams > Stones

Then why am I totally underwhelmed by it all mate?

Gueye > Osman
Bolasie > Pienaar
Stelkenburg > Howard
Williams > Stones

nope and LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Gueye > Osman
Bolasie > Pienaar
Stelkenburg > Howard
Williams > Stones

Deserve a medal for the post, well done. Might put the doubters to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back