Votes: 52 6.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are replacing what we losted this Summer.

Gueye > Osman
Bolasie > Pienaar
Stelkenburg > Howard
Williams > Stones

All these players have played at Premiership level so there is no rejusting or 12 months settling in period.

What Koeman and Walsh have done have shored up the holes and now looking to add that bit of extra to make us better.

We have been linked to Mata, Witnel, Kobulibaly etc, these are the next level players so we add 1 or 2 of these then the starting XI looks stronger.

We add a few tried and trusted players like Kone or Bony there is no rush also.

If we can find a hidden gem such as Rolan, Ghezzal or Hallar then perfect.

Walsh is doing his job for his manager and for the best of the club both financially and to be competitive from day 1.

MODZ! Far too much common sense in this post.

Raus! Let the bedwetting recommence!

great theory....means that the people that said niasse, mgeady and alceraz were all crap, were wrong were they? seeing as bobby is an experienced player and manager and has professional scouts.

Nope. They are crap - but brought in under a previous regime. Koeman/Walsh can take no blame for any of that. Calling Bobby a "Professional" after the last three years is a bit of a stretch to be fair. So my comment stands. :coffee:

Surely we should recruit the guy who signed Bolasie from non league football, the guy who signed Kone for 6m and the guy who signed Williams from Stockport for 400,000?

Surely we should recruit the guy who signed Bolasie from non league football, the guy who signed Kone for 6m and the guy who signed Williams from Stockport for 400,000?
Reflects my sentiments in respect to wanting our approach to focus on signing players who 'will' be good in Premiership rather than overpaying for ones who are already proven. I guess two things to consider are

a) We need to do some remedial work on the starting 11 and that does not lend itself to taking risks on players who may not work out.

b) If it was that easy the scout who signed Seamus Coleman for £60k would have filled our squad with cheap superstars!

Can't wait until we're finally shut of Elstone and Kenwright. It's beyond ridiculous how long a transfer negotiation lasts with them.

Hopefully Walsh will know the score. Like every other team in the country.

They're not involved in current transfer negotiations mate.

Surprised by Moshiri today placing so much emphasis on the role of Kenwright in transfers?

In a statement to Sky Sports News, Moshiri said: “We are very pleased about today’s signing but remain anxious to further strengthen the squad.

“The chairman is relentlessly pushing things forward with my total support for him, Steve Walsh and Ronald Koeman”.

Surprised by Moshiri today placing so much emphasis on the role of Kenwright in transfers?

In a statement to Sky Sports News, Moshiri said: “We are very pleased about today’s signing but remain anxious to further strengthen the squad.

“The chairman is relentlessly pushing things forward with my total support for him, Steve Walsh and Ronald Koeman”.

A chairman is a figure head is he not?

Surely. Directors are the ones that call the shots. The chairman sits on the board however, he acts in Moshiri's name only (and the other shareholders).

However, technically everything is delegated normally. To the relevant director. Thats my understanding.

So whilst BK might appear to be involved. He's not as much as it looks. He's the messenger. Not the decision maker.

Surely. Directors are the ones that call the shots. The chairman sits on the board however, he acts in Moshiri's name only (and the other shareholders).

However, technically everything is delegated normally. To the relevant director. Thats my understanding.

So whilst BK might appear to be involved. He's not as much as it looks. He's the messenger. Not the decision maker.

Well, Moshiri has confirmed Kenwright isn't just involved in transfers, he is the one responsible for pushing things forward.

Martinez said the same, that Kenwright would be a transfer conductor;

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ton-chairman-bill-kenwright-transfer-11096347

... Recall being surprised at various comments on his forum saying the contrary.

Well, Moshiri has confirmed Kenwright isn't just involved in transfers, he is the one responsible for pushing things forward.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ton-chairman-bill-kenwright-transfer-11096347

... Recall being surprised at various comments on his forum saying the contrary.

It is really.

Its interesting that you've raised it. People on here and myself included would like to know the - organisational relationship - that the club has now.

But also reading the - personal relationship - between BK and the major shareholder Moshiri.

People always want to know who calls the shots in a hierarchy

Think the question was really being asked to Esk yanno mate

Bill has the relationships currently, he knows all the people and has all the phone numbers, of course hes involved, its still technically his train set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back