Stoppage time

good for the game or another nail in the coffin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rugby League stop the clock for an injury.

Adding 20 minutes at the end of a half takes away the magic of a “last minute winner”, and I reckon the players will end up covering an extra 4-5 games over the course of the year.

Stop the clock, then instantly you’ve stopped time wasting and you keep the true magic of a 90th minute winner, as it genuinely won’t be beaten.

The new stoppage time rules are in effect and we've already seen a Leeds equaliser in the 95th minute and an arsenal equaliser in the 101st minute. Is this a good thing or will it ruin football?

I personally think it has been done for sky because you'll get more late drama and it will ruin the game as you will have fewer upsets. I also think it will play a massive role in deciding our fate this season.
...so what ARE these new rules?

Is there really a difference between City passing it about aimlessly for 10 mins without any intention of doing anything or Sheffield United booting it up the pitch and out of play?

If the aim is stop players feigning injury then force them off the pitch and/or enforce yellow cards for diving.

These additional time rules will benefit the rich. City will sub on £1/4b worth if subs to cover the extra time whilst we'll have 2 goalies on the wings.

Everton's games always seem to be the last to finish. So I reckon it'll make no difference as our games last 100 minutes as it is.

will stop all the teams going down trying to waste time so can only be a good thing
It wont stop the 'momentum killer' injury though. Which teams like Arsenal & Newcastle use to best effect!
The opposition have a couple of shots in a short space of time! Someone goes down to allow them to re focus and kill the oppositions momentum

That stuff doesn't effect a game. They're just doing the usual thing they do every season and nitpick something isn't an issue.

A big part of the "time wasting" is the ball out of play or set pieces. But that's part of the game so don't know why there's a need to add extra time (that they make up anyway).

Instead they should concentrate on making VAR not the car crash that it is. Another thing that hasn't improved the game IMO.

coarse it effects the game, when a team go 1-0 uo at Goodison and then start rolling around on the floor it massively effects the game. it gives us less time to come back. it happened to many times last season, Newcastle were terrible for it.

It wont stop the 'momentum killer' injury though. Which teams like Arsenal & Newcastle use to best effect!
The opposition have a couple of shots in a short space of time! Someone goes down to allow them to re focus and kill the oppositions momentum

as I just said it kills time as well as momentum, to many times have we seen Newcastle or other teams go down and when the ref is about to wave on the medical team the player gets up. loose 10 plus minutes to stupid things like that

Status
Not open for further replies.