Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't said 'huge' success. But my point was that success is relative. I'd say those three consecutive seasons of finishing 6th, 5th and 5th (going far into the UEFA Cup and also getting to an FA Cup final) were good seasons.

My point in regards to the Champions League is that not qualifying for it anyway ultimately makes the 'success' of 04/05 meaningless, by your logic.

We need some signings, but last year showed signing four players early doors for £90m actually means very little.

Let Brands and Silva take their time in establishing how they want to go about it. They know more than you, or me, what they want.
Going far in the UEFA Cup? We got to the last 16 and bottled it against a bang average Fiorentina side. Not far at all.

We won nothing and didn’t finish in the Top 4. All failure as seasons. We got to the final and lost. Are you seriously saying that’s a good season?

By my logic it isn’t a failure. We finished Top 4 in 04/05, making that a good season. The reason we didn’t qualify is because Kenwright thought that signings like Simon Davies and Phil Neville would be enough to see us through.

Transfer windows, the time of year when entire narratives are constructed from gossamer strands of conjecture and filaments of fancy all collected together to provide the battle cries of the prophets of doom or the purveyors of a brave new dawn.
Inevitably the truth will lie somewhere in between.
The future will be beige ( it nearly always is.)

Going far in the UEFA Cup? We got to the last 16 and bottled it against a bang average Fiorentina side. Not far at all.

We won nothing and didn’t finish in the Top 4. All failure as seasons. We got to the final and lost. Are you seriously saying that’s a good season?

By my logic it isn’t a failure. We finished Top 4 in 04/05, making that a good season. The reason we didn’t qualify is because Kenwright thought that signings like Simon Davies and Phil Neville would be enough to see us through.

Whatever mate.

Just don't know how you can possibly write the season off. Clean slate for everyone. The guys in charge know we need signings and know we need to balance the squad. Let them do it. Quit whinging, it's all you seem to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back