Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t wait until the window shuts and our fans fume that the club didn’t get it extended for there will be little to fume for.

Im going to against the grain here and maybe be the first evertonian to say i lile Rojo

I dont trust that the link is real, however if it is its certainly not a new enquiry Rojo has been linked out of the club all window i would assume the clubs in the running will have been enquiring the whole time

But i like his tenacity he can read a game he is rapid he is not scared to put in a tackle, the “reckless” “injury prone” talk is not as severe as some are making out

I for one support the transfer if it happens

Im hoping to see Digne announced today (UK Time)

Richarlison haters have silenced after a single pre season game i would imagine the same would happen watching Rojo close the gaps behind our dinosaur CM’s

Oh and any player Jose Mourinho dosent want i am Desperate we sign... De Bruyne, Salah, Lukaku, Mata the list goes on he is shocking for letting great talent leave and hanging on to sub par players

Me too pal. Good hair.

My point is mate I’d settle for a top 10 finish and good cup run if I’m entertained this season and can see a long term strategy being introduced, not only in personnel but developing a playing style the supporters can relate to. I do not want a repeat of the dire football served up that we’ve witnessed this season, even if it did give us 8th. It is not lowering of expectations this season, more a focus on the playing vision of the manager and the long term recruitment by the DOF.

I agree , we have to be realistic, I just want to see ya trying to score rather than trying not to concede . As long as there seems to be a plan and progress , even if it’s only slight is being made, I can accept that

Probably because we bought richarlison for £40m, looking to buy dinge and mina for a rumoured 55m and still looking to strengthen in the midfield.

Doesn't exactly go with his "last summer we only spent because we sold the family silver, now we're skint again" agenda he has been banging on all summer.
He’ll just twist it around to fit a new narrative, dont you worry.

It doesn’t work like that though, which is the trouble we had last year. None of the players we signed are ‘bad’ players in the right system, but none of them really suited what we asked them to do. I had hoped we’d moved on from that.
I’ve had some time to reflect on the sensible posts. I’m wondering why we are targeting players on insane contracts?

Could Marco be wanting to ensure players hit the ground? Or does he believe he can improve them in his system?

Personally hoped we would be targeting young hungry players a bit like Richarlison without the huge fee.

I realise De Ligt (who I’m aware will cost loads) and other young players may not come - but I was hoping to see better investments in players immediately - perhaps that’s the long game for Marcel and Silva wants ready players to fit in straight away given how poor the squad actually is.

Silva is going to want to do well immediately and someone posted a story about him rocking the boat at Watford for Richarlison to get his way.

Could be more to do it, behind the scenes.

*Activate Pepe Silvia Conspiracies*

What concerns me about the rojo reports is it once again suggests we haven’t identified a particular ‘type’ of player.

Mina is a 6ft 5 man mountain who doesn’t look particularly quick but is a dominant ball winner, while rojo’s strengths (such as they are) have always struck me as being a decent all round footballer, and his recovery defending. Mina’s right Footed, rojo is left. He’s also 4 years older. They’re not alike at all as far as I can see, so why are we moving from one to the other? Surely there’s another player more similar to Mina if that’s the profile we want.

I am not sure Rojo is an alternative. I think they will continue to got for Mina even if Rojo comes. We have been linked with Tierney and Bensabaini as well as Digne so I think they have always toyed with the idea of having a left sided centre back who could fill in at left back if needed. Rojo fits that profile more easily for me.

I also think, given how pre-season has gone, Keane, Williams and Jagielka have done themselves no favours, and it may be we are open to move all 3 on as opposed to just 1 (Williams). So getting a lad in who has PL experience at centre half becomes more important. Thats what I hope anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back