Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, think they are making the same mistakes we did (albeit not quite as bad) in that they are buying lots of players in the latter half of their career, who are joining for money, and most of whom play in a similar position.
yeah...as i said, that's what I'm hoping

If we spend £xxM to upgrade our backup striker, when we have other glaring needs, I'll campaign for you to be appointed moderator of GOT (or tubey, surely it's his time)

TBH, I have no faith whatsoever in our attack. Tosun is not the answer, he cant lead the line. Niasse is a bundle of awkwardness that can get a goal or two but is not going to pressure Tosun. Richarlison might have to weigh in with about twice more than he did for Watford to make up for that lame attack we have. My view is that we need another attacker. If we dont get one we'll be sunk in terms of a top ten finish.

TBH, I have no faith whatsoever in our attack. Tosun is not the answer, he cant lead the line. Niasse is a bundle of awkwardness that can get a goal or two but is not going to pressure Tosun. Richarlison might have to weigh in with about twice more than he did for Watford to make up for that lame attack we have. My view is that we need another attacker. If we dont get one we'll be sunk in terms of a top ten finish.

The problem for me is that neither Rondon or Tosun are "good enough" to play up top on their own, both would be better up top as a 2 and thats the problem, not many modern formations utilise a top 2 very well, the only that maybe does is 4-4-2 with a midfield diamond, which means Walcott and Rico dont really fit in.

100% Tosun isn't the answer. Moshiri needs to get his wallet out and deliver that top quality centre forward.

It's a different type of player: scores as many as Niasse and creates more space / gives a game a different dynamic. He's an upgrade on Niasse, no question.

I don't mind Rondon but I'm not sure how he scores as many as Niasse?

I'd be Ok with both of them. Both cause headaches for opponents for different reasons.

8 days left.

It takes us 5 days to to broker any sort of deal, 1 day to get them to FF and 3 days to do a medical. We are stuck with what we have lads.

It is what did for every other brainless PL club. Huge job to sort out - best part of £500m in wage/fee commitments for players with next to no resale value.
I've said this before: the club should seriously look at the behaviour of its largest shareholder and manager and conduct an internal investigation to that end. It was no less than gross corporate negligence what happened here last summer. And, btw, I said so at the time. I asked constantly who was taking responsibility for this overspend: of course that got me the height of abuse form the "clever" people...as per 'kin usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back