Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unai Emery is ready to sell Danny Welbeck, The paper that shall remain nameless reports.

Everton could stump up £15million for the England striker, who has not yet been offered an extension to his contact, which is up in a year, the paper says.

Unai Emery is ready to sell Danny Welbeck, The paper that shall remain nameless reports.

Everton could stump up £15million for the England striker, who has not yet been offered an extension to his contact, which is up in a year, the paper says.
Just don't get the links to Welbeck. Not what we really need right now.

I think we can all agree that Keane looks excellent in a low-block team (like Burnley). But we aren't going to play that way and, as you say, he looks horrifically immobile in a high press defence.

Lascelles seems the same to me. I've only seen him 6 or 7 times but he looks susceptible to pace and will struggle in a team wanting to play expansive football.

I know it is a bit "old school" but when we were really good, we had one very fast defender and one big blob of a defender, (Ratcliffe and Mountfield). It can work if they are schooled properly. For those not clear what I am advocating, is Keane and Mina could complement each other.

We are then a replacement for Schneiderlin away from having an excellent first XI, but still lacking in depth.

Where going to get linked to some right cast off rubbish over the next few days while Pickford has club's galore lined up for him

If we can get Mina wrapped up as soon as possible, hopefully we can bring in another CB as well. Zouma on loan would be a great addition as he’s got everything and there’s a very real chance of getting him permanently.

I can’t see us spending a combined £70m on Mina and Lascelles without at least two major outgoings. What a back line that would be though eh? Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Lascelles, Digne.

Personally I’d prefer us go for Zouma and try to blood in Holgate if Lascelles was too expensive. Lascelles seems to have that right mix of being decent on the ball but can be a proper defender when needed. We could also use another leader in the team.

If Lookman stays I’m actually quite happy to go with what we have in attack unless someone who is genuinely a step up becomes available. Spending huge money on a player like Welbeck isn’t worth it.

CM definitely needs someone better on the ball than what we already have there. Gana looked brilliant the other day and you’d expect that Gylfi will be better in a footballing side, especially with Mina to put the ball into on set pieces.

I’d be surprised if Morgan ever becomes the player we need in midfield. At his age I’d probably sell while he still has value - he must be worth £25m to another PL club or one in France?

N’Zonzi would be the best case, but Joao Mario or RLC would be great additions to the team too.

If we can get rid of Martina, Vlasic (if he has no future here), Morgan, one of Sandro/Bolasie (ideally Bolasie, and a couple of younger players who won’t make the cut like Browning and Galloway, and bring in at least one CB and one of the above CMs I think we could have a great season.

I don’t see any chance we bring in BOTH Mina and Lascelles, and think it would cost more than 70M.

I would LOVE for Morgan to leave, I just don’t think it’ll happen. Silva knows how to use a player like that if he has to considering how successful he was with his 4-1-4-1 at Sporting with a similar, albeit superior player in Carvalho, but even if we get a Doucoure like CM to play with Gana, I’m sure Silva isn’t going to want to rely on Beni or Davies in case Gana gets hurt. I could be wrong as I think Beni is every bit the player Morgan is, but Silva may want a bit of experience there.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned

However a rednose mate of mine has told me Newcastle are purchasing Danny Ings for £20m

Could these funds be from us purchasing Lascelles? Sure as hells isnt coming out of Mike Ashley’s pocket

Really don’t see Newcastle going for Ings. They have spent all summer trying to get Rondon. Rafael only plays one up front, and they have just signed a Japanese forward too.

I don’t normally post rumours, but I have heard (not from an Everton source mind) that we are in for Welbeck. We’ll see.

Would definitely take Welbeck for £15. Think he's a good player who gets more than his fair share of criticism, same as Walcott really, and would be good for us.

We have physicality with Gana... What we don't have is someone who can quickly and intelligently spread the ball around, or play a defense splitting pass.... We need to find another Arteta, or someone like Barry (his first season)....

Gueye is bang average. I would genuinely choose Schneiderlin over him, and that is saying something. At least he has discipline and seems to understand football. As for physicality, I've never seen it. I've noticed he has stamina, I think people are mistaking the 2.

I agree we need someone with a bit of craft though, an actual midfielder would be lovely instead of the 3 half players we currently have, who all seemingly need better players to hold their hands and take responsibility for improving them.

We have physicality with Gana... What we don't have is someone who can quickly and intelligently spread the ball around, or play a defense splitting pass.... We need to find another Arteta, or someone like Barry (his first season)....

Exactly, a passing midfielder transforms this side.

I am a massive critic of Sigurdsson. But what I have always said is that he (and Klasseen) would be more effective with two passing midfielders behind them to control play, allowing them to do the finding space in the box bit they are good at.

Would definitely take Welbeck for £15. Think he's a good player who gets more than his fair share of criticism
Gueye is bang average. I would genuinely choose Schneiderlin over him, and that is saying something.

200.gif

Agree, would take him. Would be an option for both attack or wing areas. In other words, likely would be Sandro replacement.

Yea Welbeck is really good value as a squad player for 15m, he’s tidy on the ball and can link play, it’s hard to argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back