Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dembele from spurs shouts are awful.

Bloke is the type of signing we should be staying away from. Too old and plays for spurs who expect ridiculous fees for any player - deluded.

Zero resale at his age. We’re trying to bring the age down not up with injury prone oldies!

I agree, nobody at all is suggesting that Dembele isn't a really good player, but Spurs would want a big fee (presumably), he would want big wages and he's 31 - even if there weren't question marks about his legs, it's the kind of financially irresponsible deal that Walsh would have sanctioned.

Unless he was on a free transfer I wouldn't even be considering it, but I accept he is many times better than what we have in midfield currently.

The last two years should have taught us that if we are buying players for big money, they need to be young enough that they will retain value.

I agree, nobody at all is suggesting that Dembele isn't a really good player, but Spurs would want a big fee (presumably), he would want big wages and he's 31 - even if there weren't question marks about his legs, it's the kind of financially irresponsible deal that Walsh would have sanctioned.

Unless he was on a free transfer I wouldn't even be considering it, but I accept he is many times better than what we have in midfield currently.

The last two years should have taught us that if we are buying players for big money, they need to be young enough that they will retain value.
Old, expensive. madness, avoid.

Danny Ings quoted at £20m, Grealish £40m... Prices are crazy and £20m is now the starting fee for absolute gash prem players... So I'd expect about £15m...
Id be fairly happy with 10ish, as long as we never have to see him play for us again. I dont despise him like others on here, he’s probably a nice guy, but he just doesnt seem to be effective in his position anymore. .

Imagine looking at Schneiderlin strolling around midfield and Davies running around like a headless chicken and saying that we shouldn't get Dembele because he's 31.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to go back to the old way, buying the like in Bolasie and Williams for overpriced fees. Dembele will regress in any minute and Levy will ask for some crazy sum.

They deleted it quickly but glad someone was able to get there in time.

Dj68G7wXcAA5RZa.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back