Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
They deleted it quickly but glad someone was able to get there in time.

Dj68G7wXcAA5RZa.png
id spank it til pancake day if that happens

31 and will cost huge sum. When people moan about buying overpriced 28 years old... I just don’t see how this works.

it works because quality is quality

Williams and bolasie were poor buys not because of their price but because of there actual ability

dembele might cost a lot but that's because he is a genuine boss player

I wouldnt complain about a season long loan, but chucking big money at a 31 year old midfielder from Spurs gives me a bad taste in my mouth.

I get exactly what you mean. But, we have strengthened our attack with Tosun, Richarlison, Sig and Walcott and yet we still don't have a player who can dictate the tempo of a game.

He would bring that trait instantly. And there isn't a risk element as his proven in the prem. We could easily go spend another 35mill on another centre mid and he just flop like some of our other signings.

Say we have to pay £30m or more and he wants a 3-4 year contract on £120k per week (this is very conservative), does that really represent good value? For a player who has admitted he will never be 100% again and whose manager says he needs to be carefully managed?

Tremendous player, but it's just not financially responsible to do a deal like that

It's a case of weighing it up.

If there is an option to get him, I'd say it's worth it. He improves us drastically, though yes there is risks involved.

I don't think we will get him, but I find the idea of people turning their noses up absolutely ludicrous.

I get exactly what you mean. But, we have strengthened our attack with Tosun, Richarlison, Sig and Walcott and yet we still don't have a player who can dictate the tempo of a game.

He would bring that trait instantly. And there isn't a risk element as his proven in the prem. We could easily go spend another 35mill on another centre mid and he just flop like some of our other signings.
Yeah, but we could chuck 35mill on another CM and get our next Arteta too, insted of using those 35mill over 2 years on a transfer and salary for an older player we know is on the way down. This feels too Rooney to me(id have Dembele 10x before Rooney, but same type of transfer).

Its a double edged blade this transfer stuff, but no risks = no rewards. If we cant get the next Arteta this window, Id love to loan Dembele for a year, but I dont think that will happen. As in, I dont think we’ll sign any midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back