Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
They deleted it quickly but glad someone was able to get there in time.

Dj68G7wXcAA5RZa.png

Time travel is getting better these days.

Dembele from spurs shouts are awful.

Bloke is the type of signing we should be staying away from. Too old and plays for spurs who expect ridiculous fees for any player - deluded.

Zero resale at his age. We’re trying to bring the age down not up with injury prone oldies!

Reporters asked Kane, Ali and Dier who the best player at spurs is all of them said Dembele. His far from awful, my two mates are season ticket holders and are both gutted his leaving.

His in a different class to what we have.

I agree with the age and resale, but sometimes you need players in their peak. An example is United now wanting Boateng, his 29 there will be very little resale value but he instantly adds quality

Reporters asked Kane, Ali and Dier who the best player at spurs is all of them said Dembele. His far from awful, my two mates are season ticket holders and are both gutted his leaving.

His in a different class to what we have.
We should have signed him 5years ago, great player, but its too late for us now.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to go back to the old way, buying the like in Bolasie and Williams for overpriced fees. Dembele will regress in any minute and Levy will ask for some crazy sum.

except Williams and bolasie came from crap teams where they spent their whole career because they aren't very good, dembele is a very very good player and that's why he's played for a team that's been in the champions league for the last few seasons, a team that have challenged for the league over the last few years

Imagine looking at Schneiderlin strolling around midfield and Davies running around like a headless chicken and saying that we shouldn't get Dembele because he's 31.

Say we have to pay £30m or more and he wants a 3-4 year contract on £120k per week (this is very conservative), does that really represent good value? For a player who has admitted he will never be 100% again and whose manager says he needs to be carefully managed?

Tremendous player, but it's just not financially responsible to do a deal like that

except Williams and bolasie came from crap teams where they spent their whole career because they aren't very good, dembele is a very very good player and that's why he's played for a team that's been in the champions league for the last few seasons, a team that have challenged for the league over the last few years

31 and will cost huge sum. When people moan about buying overpriced 28 years old... I just don’t see how this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back