Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s better than Rashford and that will be proven in time.

As someone involved with United, I know a lot about them and I’ve posted in the past about Rashford.

I’ll leave it at that.

You big tease, you can`t leave it there.

Rashford looks like he needs to go somewhere else to regain his mo jo to me.

Did someone seriously suggest Shelvey? I mean, I am only speaking from personal opinions but I absolutely detest that guy, more than anyone else. His red away at Newcastle was literally the best thing that happened in the last 12 months. The bloke is blind platypus, and fair dinkum nuff.

Marcus Rashford plays for united and is pretty good on his day.
Dominic Calvert Lewin plays for the worst Everton team in years and extremely average. If he's the best in the world for his agelollol then he wouldn't be playing for the worst Everton team in years

I want Shelvey nowhere near this club. Can’t stand and not good enough.

Maguire is unlikely to think the move is as great as we do, and though I do like him it would take to much money to pry him from Leicester....

exactly.

Lascelles is a very good player, but doubt he'd leave for anything less than a £35-40m bid.

Marcus Rashford plays for united and is pretty good on his day.
Dominic Calvert Lewin plays for the worst Everton team in years and extremely average. If he's the best in the world for his agelollol then he wouldn't be playing for the worst Everton team in years

DCL has a lot of attributes that other players his age don't. We have to remember that. It's easy to shrug it off because he plays in our crap side.

He isn't a natural finisher at all, and needs to improve that side of the game.

Finally, a few words of sense. (At least since I logged back in).

Everyone on the playing staff needs to be judged now from Ground Zero. Ignore last season. As a club we were a shambles, and to make decisions on, especially young, footballers based on that fiasco would be daft.

Let Brands and whoever run the rule over them, if they havnt already done so, and act accordingly.

Apart from Ashley Williams like.

Two goals against league 1 Sunderland, and one against a Euro team not even at that level.

His Prem goals have been sitters or deflections.

Needs loaning out as he’s nowhere near the level required for a team aiming for the top 6.
FINALLY SOMEONE POINTED THAT OUT

He’s better than Rashford and that will be proven in time.

As someone involved with United, I know a lot about them and I’ve posted in the past about Rashford.

I’ll leave it at that.
lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

I think it’s fair to say if you take out firmino, sane, Salah, Henderson. They will be severely weaken.

Same arguement if we sign tierney, Kluivert, lozano,carvalho they probably struggle to beat us if we take out their afroemention players.

The point is, when do we decide to try and sign the next level players? Do we tell ourselves we’re still not good enough and wait for another season or do we try to start matching them this tramsfer window onwards?

I think that’s the point @Deco is trying to put forward.

I just think that as a club we never put ourselves in the picture to compete for these players and until we change our approach we’ll never progress.

City (and I know City’s wealth is on a different planet compared to us) were firing offers in for Kaka and Robinho instantly.

The fact is that if we can pay Rooney the supposed 150-200k pw that we do, we could attract 99% of players.

Steve Walsh and Koeman collectively ruined a golden opportunity last summer. The highest profile player we signed (not including Rooney as he’s a fan) was Gylfi. Who else wanted him, Leicester? What more needs to be said lol.

Who knows, if we fired £175k pw at Fekir and the chance to be the main man at the club, he might fancy that over being second fiddle at Liverpool? Not saying he would even consider us, but do that enough and we’ll get a few bites.

Edit: we approached Brands two years ago and kept in contact with him. This is proof that over time we can get the right targets in.

Last edited:
He is one of the best players in the world in his position. If he comes up for sale tomorrow ALL the top English clubs will be after him and I think he’ll do very well for us this season. We certainly won’t be loaning him anywhere.

At first I read this as Rashford being one of the best and thought, hmm, he's good but that's a stretch.

When I realised you means Crapvert-Bambi I sighed, moved backed the duvet and got myself settled for bed.

who? 175k pw?! how is a paying an absurd amount to a player thats playing second fiddle at liverpool going to help us beat liverpool? or push for top 6? we wouldnt even pay lukaku more than 120k

Did someone seriously suggest Shelvey? I mean, I am only speaking from personal opinions but I absolutely detest that guy, more than anyone else. His red away at Newcastle was literally the best thing that happened in the last 12 months. The bloke is blind platypus, and fair dinkum nuff.

He is a rare sort mate a deep lying playmaker. I’d like to think we could could go for a more reliable player in that role but they are scarce on the ground.

Shelvy is a very very talented player, his problem is consistency, temprement and application in my opinion, but a very talented player none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back