Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the fairly common misconception, players tend not to go to a club based purely on who will pay them the most money. They will look at the level the club operate at - Champions League, Europe League etc. They will gauge who the manager in. They will determine whether the club is a shambles. Then they'll make a decision.

Regrettably we won't be able to attract first team players from top tier clubs. They'll stay for the kudos and the European football.

Squad players at these sides? More likely targets. But then we (the fans) suddenly begin with the "Oh, if he's not good enough for them, why would he be good enough for us?"

Until Everton as a club prove that they are in a position to provide these top tier players both the football they want and the possibility of trophies that they desire - we're unlikely to get them. The odd one may fall our way due to historic relationships, or a stroke of luck, but we're shopping for prospects, unheralded Europeans, the cast offs from the big clubs or the better players from our peers (the hugely over-inflated transfer fees we see between English clubs).

£150k to £200k helps, but it doesn't suddenly make us a desirable destination.

some good points but I must add that players travel across clubs for a host of reason. The major point to note is how we sell ourselves going forward. How ambitious we are. How we market our believe that we can match the TOP team with our recruiting blueprint and convince whoever comes onboard will not be the last quality player we’ll sign.

Wages is an undeniable factor, champions league as well, but top young players who believes they might not be able start regularly after signing for a top team will tend to find a club that is in the prime environment to establish themselves. This is the opportunity we need to grab. Plenty of them in the market at the moment. And of cos many more variety of reasons.

This recruitment shackle must be shattered along the way, it’s inevitable and the sooner we tried to do so, the earlier we benefit from it. It’s a domino effect, but someone needs to trigger the first domino.

Last edited:

He’s better than Rashford and that will be proven in time.

As someone involved with United, I know a lot about them and I’ve posted in the past about Rashford.

I’ll leave it at that.
Wait, wha? DCL is better than Rashford? Did that get typed or did I miss the context?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back