Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We overpaid, so what really, its only money, when I say we overpaid, at the time, 45m should have been enough to get a top tier player, but we cant attract those, Swansea didnt want him to go, cos they knew what happened would happen, so we paid a premium.
As he didn't choose to go for such a fee, I find it somewhat unjust when people use it as the only benchmark to whether he's a success or not.

After a slow start and playing in the wrong position for periods, he clearly became our best performing and influential player and a success.

Agreed. He was over priced, but he isn’t the first to be overpriced and won’t be the last, in terms of us signing players or other clubs signing players and it doesn’t make him a bad player because of it. But he is our best player, but none of them covered themselves in glory last year. He will be better next season when we can actually attack and get forward.

Badly overpriced. I've always been a big fan. Thought wouldn't it be great if we could get him one day. Never thought it'd happen. But when it went to £45m I did think, hang on a minute, are you sure? I think they were just desperate to get a big one over the line . Shambles etc. It does show what a predicament we are in though, it's hard to attract players that it looks like we can afford.
Brands has is work cut out .Genuinely quite exited about how he's going to go about it.

I really like him, liked him for years.

We overpaid, so what really, its only money, when I say we overpaid, at the time, 45m should have been enough to get a top tier player, but we cant attract those, Swansea didnt want him to go, cos they knew what happened would happen, so we paid a premium.

Hes not a top tier player, hes not flashy, but he works hard for the team and he has moments of excellence, he wont let us down, he wont give up.

With a full pre-season and a good manager in the correct formation he will smash it next season.

Goat for President*

*of GOT

Badly overpriced. I've always been a big fan. Thought wouldn't it be great if we could get him one day. Never thought it'd happen. But when it went to £45m I did think, hang on a minute, are you sure? I think they were just desperate to get a big one over the line . Shambles etc. It does show what a predicament we are in though, it's hard to attract players that it looks like we can afford.
Brands has is work cut out .Genuinely quite exited about how he's going to go about it.
The transfer window last year had no real underpinning plan when you consider how we set out playing; with hindsight, it was mostly ad hoc.

While we may not be able to attract the calibre we both desire and can arguably afford, I do believe there's still a lot of potential for us to improve.

We must however primarily focus on strengthening in the key positions before attempting to strengthen in other areas or adding general depth.

I'm not fussed about a marquee signing, which I feel what Wayne was last year (more PR than football), but quality where it is actually needed.

I really like him, liked him for years.

Hes not a top tier player, hes not flashy, but he works hard for the team and he has moments of excellence, he wont let us down, he wont give up.

With a full pre-season and a good manager in the correct formation he will smash it next season.
No he won't

The transfer window last year had no real underpinning plan when you consider how we set out playing; with hindsight, it was mostly ad hoc.

While we may not be able to attract the calibre we both desire and can arguably afford, I do believe there's still a lot of potential for us to improve.

We must however primarily focus on strengthening in the key positions before attempting to strengthen in other areas or adding general depth.

I'm not fussed about a marquee signing, which I feel what Wayne was last year (more PR than football), but quality where it is actually needed.
Agreed .I suspect he'll go for players that I won't have heard of and I guess I'm happy with that. When you're going for the likes of Sissoko, Mangala and possibly Benteke you know you're in trouble .At least the other way has some hope attached .

As he didn't choose to go for such a fee, I find it somewhat unjust when people use it as the only benchmark to whether he's a success or not.

After a slow start and playing in the wrong position for periods, he clearly became our best performing and influential player and a success.
I use the fact that he's bang average to judge whether he's a success or not

There is a Sigurdsson thead. If you jokers want to compain about him, you know, our best outfield player, go do it there. If you wonder why he was boss for Swans, boss for Spurs, boss for Hoffenheim, boss for Reading, boss for Iceland, yet magically was in some people's opinions worse at Everton in most of a single season, feel free to capture your silly and irrational thoughts over there.

I look forward to next year with Coleman, Tosun, Walcott, maybe Lookman or someone else, a real box to box, and Gana playing with Gylfi.

But the bigger problem is the back line because it's terrible. I don't know why anyone would be upset with selling Mori, Williams, Jags, Keane, literally anyone back there. Building a brand new backline might take some time to gel, but it's not like there is any chemistry with the current jokers. Move them all on as far as I care and buy a couple legit PL quality CBs.

There is a Sigurdsson thead. If you jokers want to compain about him, you know, our best outfield player, go do it there. If you wonder why he was boss for Swans, boss for Spurs, boss for Hoffenheim, boss for Reading, boss for Iceland, yet magically was in some people's opinions worse at Everton in most of a single season, feel free to capture your silly and irrational thoughts over there.

I look forward to next year with Coleman, Tosun, Walcott, maybe Lookman or someone else, a real box to box, and Gana playing with Gylfi.

But the bigger problem is the back line because it's terrible. I don't know why anyone would be upset with selling Mori, Williams, Jags, Keane, literally anyone back there. Building a brand new backline might take some time to gel, but it's not like there is any chemistry with the current jokers. Move them all on as far as I care and buy a couple legit PL quality CBs.
Er lad, seamus and Theo laugh at this. Even an over the hill Rooney and the prince Oumar had more effect on our season than this Icelandic fraud.

And he was utter shabite at Spurs

Er lad, seamus and Theo laugh at this. Even an over the hill Rooney and the prince Oumar had more effect on our season than this Icelandic fraud.

And he was utter shabite at Spurs

Prince Oumar.

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

While I do agree that we need a big overhaul with regards to our defence, I can't see us simply rebuilding a whole new defence in one summer.

Williams without a doubt needs putting out to pasture and Keane has been well short of the bar required, so those two should be moved on.

I will admit that Jagielka, who's arguably been our most consistent for years now, and Mori aren't the greatest by any stretch of the imagination.

However, I'd be happy to retain both of their services for at least another year and add at least one quality player to play alongside one of them.

Prince Oumar.

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol
Goatsfrandel why do you continue to show yourself up

While I do agree that we need a big overhaul with regards to our defence, I can't see us simply rebuilding a whole new defence in one summer.

Williams without a doubt needs putting out to pasture and Keane has been well short of the bar required, so those two should be moved on.

I will admit that Jagielka, who's arguably been our most consistent for years now, and Mori aren't the greatest by any stretch of the imagination.

However, I'd be happy to retain both of their services for at least another year and add at least one quality player to play alongside one of them.

Keane us worth hanging onto. There's a player in there somewhere I'm sure. I know we haven't seen it but I still believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back