Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has got a bit of a fat arse I admit but he's like a steam train when he gets going. The Flying Scotsman I call him. Not really, I'd be too embarrassed, but he's still good.

He has got a bit of a fat arse I admit but he's like a steam train when he gets going. The Flying Scotsman I call him. Not really, I'd be too embarrassed, but he's still good.
Oh he's straight ahead fast, no question. But so are battleships when they get going. It's that whole turning thing.

And if Brands wants to have a good passing team, he probably isn't in it.

While I do agree that we need a big overhaul with regards to our defence, I can't see us simply rebuilding a whole new defence in one summer.

Williams without a doubt needs putting out to pasture and Keane has been well short of the bar required, so those two should be moved on.

I will admit that Jagielka, who's arguably been our most consistent for years now, and Mori aren't the greatest by any stretch of the imagination.

However, I'd be happy to retain both of their services for at least another year and add at least one quality player to play alongside one of them.

I keep reading this, but honestly, why not? And who would stay besides Coleman? Continuity for continuities sake is kinda nuts.

We really do need Tierney for a start. Massive opportunity could slip by if we don't at least have a go.
Seriously, someone PLEASE explain to me what is so outstanding about this kid? He's not particularly fast, not particularly strong, and while he can dribble a bit and doesn't seem completely out of place playing against better competition, does he really have some upside? He's good. He is. But I just don't see the projection and he's going to be pricey.

Seriously, someone PLEASE explain to me what is so outstanding about this kid? He's not particularly fast, not particularly strong, and while he can dribble a bit and doesn't seem completely out of place playing against better competition, does he really have some upside? He's good. He is. But I just don't see the projection and he's going to be pricey.
Why is he going to be pricey? Because he's the best young LB on YouTube that's why.

Sadly people are only aware of 3 LBs in world football.

Sessygone, Phillip Max and the lad playing against farmers every week.

4 goals and 1 assist all season, versus farmers.

I keep reading this, but honestly, why not? And who would stay besides Coleman? Continuity for continuities sake is kinda nuts.
As I do not feel that it's realistic or practical to offload four or more defenders in one shortened window and to expect suitable replacements.

It's been difficult enough to find quality defenders as it is, therefore to dilute our time four or five times (add time of expenditures) is naive.

Ideally, I would keep Coleman long-term while Baines, Jagielka and Keane or Mori in the short-term and have another season at the club.

I would then focus on looking for one or two quality central defenders and after that, if money is available, strengthen at left back.

Sadly people are only aware of 3 LBs in world football.

Sessygone, Phillip Max and the lad playing against farmers every week.

4 goals and 1 assist all season, versus farmers.

Yeah often the fifa potential rating doesn’t always work out, I hope we sign Danny Rose, at least he has premier league experience, just hope we get him at an reasonable price, the £37m quoted a few weeks ago seems over the top

It’s like the complete opposite of being a slacker.
I was jesting mate, i know it isnt always obvious in the typed word, but i am truly happy with everything Brands has said and done up to now, including remaining loyal to his employers while he is in their pay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back