Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
What @ToffeeTim said mate

And to be brutally honest, I don't think we do have loads in the kitty. And tbf, why should Moshiri bank roll another summer?

We spent £180m last season in total on transfer fees:

Pickford - £30m
Klaassen - £24m
Sandro - £5m
Keane - £25m
Sigurdsson - £45m
Vlasic - £8m
Tosun - £27m
Walcott - £20m

We recouped around £115m, IIRC, from the following sales:

Lukaku - £90m (including add ons)
Deulofeu - £12m
Barkley - £115m

So we're looking at at least £60m funded by Moshiri/investment/TV money - whatever. It's all the same really, because if the TV money funded part of the £60m, then it means Moshiri invested into other areas of the club i.e. wages, stadium etc etc

Then, we've got the pay-offs for two managers. Big pay offs at that. At least £10m between them. And, most likely, a smaller pay off for Walsh, plus the respective coaching teams, plus the compensation to both PSV and Watford for Brands and Silva respectively. Easily getting towards the £20m mark.

Not forgetting Onyekuru

Schneiderlin deserves it for me because he couldn't be arsed. When he put the effort in, he showed his quality (Chelsea at home stands out, as does that tie against Split in qualifying (both legs) from the first half of the season). Other than that, bar a few improved displays in the last few weeks, there was just no effort from him.

Same goes for Williams.

Can take players simply not being up to scratch (Mori, probably Sandro, probably Klaassen, even bloody Martina) but when they're not putting the effort in they can do one.

Made worse by the infamous training ground incident, of course - indicative of his appalling attitude

We need to be realistic this summer - all PL teams can offer good wages now. The only players we’ll be attractive to are:

- Young kids from random league or lower English (Vlasic/Vagnoman)
- Players a few teams are in for but will just make us overpay (Keane/Maddison)

Forget your Lozano’s, your Carvalho’s, your Diop’s. It just ain’t happening lads.

What @ToffeeTim said mate

And to be brutally honest, I don't think we do have loads in the kitty. And tbf, why should Moshiri bank roll another summer?

We spent £180m last season in total on transfer fees:

Pickford - £30m
Klaassen - £24m
Sandro - £5m
Keane - £25m
Sigurdsson - £45m
Vlasic - £8m
Tosun - £27m
Walcott - £20m

We recouped around £115m, IIRC, from the following sales:

Lukaku - £90m (including add ons)
Deulofeu - £12m
Barkley - £115m

So we're looking at at least £60m funded by Moshiri/investment/TV money - whatever. It's all the same really, because if the TV money funded part of the £60m, then it means Moshiri invested into other areas of the club i.e. wages, stadium etc etc

Then, we've got the pay-offs for two managers. Big pay offs at that. At least £10m between them. And, most likely, a smaller pay off for Walsh, plus the respective coaching teams, plus the compensation to both PSV and Watford for Brands and Silva respectively. Easily getting towards the £20m mark.

Didn’t realise we got so much for Barkley.

Fascinating that we have so many terrible players that we all have our own hate figure. Mine is Schneiderlin, ahead of a handful of others.
Hating Allardyce was a full time job and caused me to become distracted from hating some of the players.

However, once he got the boot, I can go back to hating Lazzy Legs Bolasie and Mr Fifty Pence Head Keane full time again.

I can just imagine the convo now.

Kev: hi Marcel, I’m kind of a big deal around here. I’d like to know what undoubtedly important role I will be performing under the new leadership.

Marcel: hahahahaha *wipes tear from eye, walks out laughing and shaking his head*
Or he handed him a mop and bucket and simply pointed to the gents toilet lol

Nothing wrong with buying a player knowing full well we will have got shot of the magical 10 or so players come August 31st or whenever the window shuts.

Wrong.

Theres everything wrong with buying more players while we have 39 of them.

Say we do it your way, we buy the 4 players we need.

We then have to try and sell around 20 players, with the whole world knowing that we are in over our head cashwise, that means they lowball us, that means they even pull out of deals, just to watch us call the receivers in by December.

Everton isnt just a football club, its a business and no business in the world would purposely put themselves in danger of not being able to make outgoings. Nor should they pander to the "I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW" element in our fanbase.

You say the people who argue differently are blinded by hope, my eyes are wide open, 39 players we currently have, punt some, THEN make signings. Its honestly simple business sense. Why cant you see that?

Glass half full my utter ringpiece, you are a bedwetting ferret.

Wish I knew what your banned name was.

We need to be realistic this summer - all PL teams can offer good wages now. The only players we’ll be attractive to are:

Forget your Lozano’s, your Carvalho’s, your Diop’s. It just ain’t happening lads.

But what about Icardi mate?

If we have any ambisisitiitiiishion.

They are definitely doable mate.

I mean, yeh, if Lozano tears up the WC it could be an issue, but both of those players are below 'elite' level as it stands.

We're capable of attracting them.

They are definitely doable mate.

I mean, yeh, if Lozano tears up the WC it could be an issue, but both of those players are below 'elite' level as it stands.

We're capable of attracting them.

We wont be getting Lozano mate.

If hes any good that is, as you say, if hes a good player the whole world will know his name in 3 weeks, but if not, then bin him rar off innit.

We wont be getting Lozano mate.

If hes any good that is, as you say, if hes a good player the whole world will know his name in 3 weeks, but if not, then bin him rar off innit.

true like

but nah, we can get him. he's the level of player we should be aiming for - get 3/4 of that quality and bin 10/12 off and we've done well.

Priorities though.

We know we need a left-back, for example, so I think we can get one of those in before having to ship out loads.

But - whatever we as fans think of Bolasie - we do currently have four wingers on our books, so it's not a priority position. Not including Sandro and Onyekuru.

Same goes for central mid. We know we need one, but we have tons of players there that we need to bin off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back