Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just debunking yet another myth that we aint making moves because we have new management when Arsenal are going through just as big a transition yet are investing money.

We'll sign a player once we sell one or two and bring some £££ in. I'll happily eat humble pie if proven wrong and really hope I am after the last shambles of a season.
It’s exactly because of “the last shambles of a season” that you won’t be required to eat humble pie.

Im an Everton fan mate, I love Everton Football Club, worship it, think about it every waking minute of every waking day, when im asleep I dream about it, its something I adore.

Blind hope is all I know what to do, ive got 3 kids, they arent perfect, I know every single 1 of their faults, but that doesnt mean I wont defend them till the day I die.

Maybe 1 day you will find that special somebody, I hope so mate, I really do.

Not questioning your love for EFC pal im assuming every one of us on here shares the same feeling otherwise we wouldn't put ourselves through the constant dissapointment!

Ive followed us home and away for a good bulk of my life (less these days due to work & family commitments) however despite the romanticism I've come to realise the club for all its traditions is just another multi million pound company in the age of Sky. The owner and management have zero link to the club and the players including homegrown couldn't give a damn about us if a rival offered them double the pay packet.

Because of that im very much a wait and see person, I hope for the best but im wise enough after the last 2 decades to not expect this club to do things the easy way and im certainly going to wait and see before blindy hailing Moshiri, Brands and Silva as the trio to take us forward on the pitch with zero evidence to support this which some seem to be doing and unwilling to listen to any alternative viewpoint.

The fact im being attacked and my integrity as a supporter questioned is sad. I doubt those would say it to a fellow Blue at the match or in boozer so I never understand why so many take enjoyment picking at Blues on places where we all come to discuss the same club we follow.

Not questioning your love for EFC pal im assuming every one of us on here shares the same feeling otherwise we wouldn't put ourselves through the constant dissapointment!

Ive followed us home and away for a good bulk of my life (less these days due to work & family commitments) however despite the romanticism I've come to realise the club for all its traditions is just another multi million pound company in the age of Sky. The owner and management have zero link to the club and the players including homegrown couldn't give a damn about us if a rival offered them double the pay packet.

Because of that im very much a wait and see person, I hope for the best but im wise enough after the last 2 decades to not expect this club to do things the easy way and im certainly going to wait and see before blindy hailing Moshiri, Brands and Silva as the trio to take us forward on the pitch with zero evidence to support this which some seem to be doing and unwilling to listen to any alternative viewpoint.

The fact im being attacked and my integrity as a supporter questioned is sad. I doubt those would say it to a fellow Blue at the match or in boozer so I never understand why so many take enjoyment picking at Blues on places where we all come to discuss the same club we follow.

You have become numb mate, thats all, Everton has trampled on your dreams too many times and you know what, I know they will again.

Not once have I questioned your integrity as a supporter, I have merely implied you are stupid, that you are prone to stamping your feet and demanding things like my 11 month old Grandson.

Honestly I find it hard to grasp, your way of thinking, I just dont understand why people always assume the worst, if the worst happens, then you deal with it, I suppose people have different ways of coping.

Me, I dream, allow yourself to dream mate, then in May, when all your dreams are lying on the floor in pieces, you can hate Everton again, till June comes around, then, dream again.

Depressing watching that, Martinez had them boys genuinely believing they were world class that season

Different class we were.

There were only about two genuine games that I thought we'd lose. Everything else, thought we'd get a point at the very least.

How very different it all could have been if the wind hadn't kicked off for that Palace game.

The Brands link could sway it - more knowledgeable people than me are confident on that. If he does have a good World Cup, it obviously stacks the odds heavily against us.

Whether we go in for him at all is a different matter entirely, like.
Be a poor choice on his part to go somewhere like United, Bayern, etc. regardless of his cup performance. He needs to play consistently and a club like Everton is perfect for him to prove himself and his ability at a higher level. I don’t think Lozano is unrealistic at all even if he has a smashing World Cup.

You have become numb mate, thats all, Everton has trampled on your dreams too many times and you know what, I know they will again.

Not once have I questioned your integrity as a supporter, I have merely implied you are stupid, that you are prone to stamping your feet and demanding things like my 11 month old Grandson.

Honestly I find it hard to grasp, your way of thinking, I just dont understand why people always assume the worst, if the worst happens, then you deal with it, I suppose people have different ways of coping.

Me, I dream, allow yourself to dream mate, then in May, when all your dreams are lying on the floor in pieces, you can hate Everton again, till June comes around, then, dream again.

Ha ha to be fair I have hope every season (which made last season even that much worse) but Im hopeful of our future. I said in the RAWK thread I honestly believe BMD will be the turning point for us and the stars will one day align.

Silva wasnt my first choice as manager and I do think we missed the boat in trying to appoint a higher calibre of manager, but im willing to give him a chance to show what he can do.

Brands I was delighted when he joined as he's experienced in his role and is definitely an upgrade on Walsh. My only concern though is that Holland and the PL are two totally different league's in terms of finances and my concern is his system there might not translate to success here - we'll wait and see of course.

On Moshiri ive always maintained he's been more positive than negative - he'll deliver us BMD in my opinion and he put his money where his mouth was last summer. My only concern is our lack of activity so far this window and Brands comments seem to indicate he wont be putting his hand in his pocket again (atleast this season) which for me stops our only chance of seriously challenging the top 6/ for trophies as until our revenue grows from a new ground/ better sponsorship deals we are reliant on a benefactor as were Chelsea and City at the early stages of their takeovers.

As I said I really hope it comes together mate this summer/season im just very sceptical at this present moment - the first signing hopefully puts me at ease :pint2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back