Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
right folks so far lets have a look at some of the strong links and what position they play in:

CB - Not really any super strong links, but we would be mental if it wasn't a priority
LB - Sexy German guy
DM - Big Willy C
CM - James Maddison
LM - Hirving Lozano

Now thats 5 positions, and if we include a Joel replacement that is 6 signings.

We all know of the talk of trying to reduce the size of the squad. Which makes me believe all 6 signings wont be done.

Is our interest in Lozano not real? Are we that daft to not be interested in a centre back.
Realistically i could see us getting the centre back, a left back & Maddison and maybe Willy C

It’s horrible, but hopefully come the start of the season there’ll be light at the end of the tunnel.

Imagine how we’d all be feeling if Allardyce was still here.

I think I’d be packing watching footy in for good.

You ain’t wrong there.

I’m quite positive, we’ve got the Brands saying there’s going to be outs - The planning is there, we’ll see some decisions shortly.

Although it could go right up to the start of the season, it’s only the start and we’ll have more battles again in Jan, next year and beyond. We have something finally to look forward to a fella who will bring in quality and won’t rest until we are better.

Without getting carried away, I finally have an appetite for togger once again. x

Who knows how this will play out. Rumours of Maddison are hotting up and lots wanting to add Lozano. Trouble is we HAVE to get a LB (Germany) a CB and CM. I would imagine the first 2 will cost best part of £50mill, & 20 for Germany? Free big Willy and £30 on a defender. That’s £100 mill! We’d need to recoup at least 60/70 from outgoings I reckon. Fun times!

I see alot of people saying we could recoup that 60/70 million but i don't see that as very realistic

10m Rooney
10m Schneiderlin
10m Bolasie
0m Williams
6m Funes Mori
12m Niasse (But then we would have to buy a new striker, and we would get nothing for 12m)
5m Besic

I can see teams playing on us desperate to offload players and only offer loans for Sandro & Klaassen

We are too busy "assessing" the squad.

Emery on the other hand is getting on with business. Funny that.

Arsenal have a team of 3 people who identify signings, they’ve been in place for a while. I suspect they are just further along in their approach to signing players as they’ve been able to evaluate the squad they have for a long time.

Patience is needed whilst Brands concludes his findings and puts together options. It won’t happen instantly.

We definitely need to sell a good number of the dross in the squad I've never argued differently mate. I just think we havent the funds in the kitty to make any big signings until we get some cash from sales first which I think is poor from the club.
Very doubtful
Need to sell players to free up wages for FFP
It’s either that or build an extension onto FF

Were we ever seriously linked?

upload_2018-6-13_9-33-12.webp

true like

but nah, we can get him. he's the level of player we should be aiming for - get 3/4 of that quality and bin 10/12 off and we've done well.

Priorities though.

We know we need a left-back, for example, so I think we can get one of those in before having to ship out loads.

But - whatever we as fans think of Bolasie - we do currently have four wingers on our books, so it's not a priority position. Not including Sandro and Onyekuru.

Same goes for central mid. We know we need one, but we have tons of players there that we need to bin off.
There are about 23 players out of the 39 who shouldn’t be near our first team squad
Some are youths but most just aren’t good enough or just too old.

Hes a top top player...

Weird now Cristante, Torreira and Kluivert moving clubs already...not a peep from us.

Hopefully some sales this week...all a bit too quiet.

I know little of them all, but they appear to have gone for high fees.

I suspect that they would be ultimately worth it with progression but is the Prem the best league for development?

The route we are going down, if the kids are good enough they are old enough but are any ready for the vigours of Premiership togger every week?

Marcel has a tough job on his hands but i’d want to be certain they could contribute to the first team right away unless bought as development players and it’s fine with me if that takes time, just other teams can promise first team action - which would seem a better move initially, possibly more so than simply higher wages.

Ha ha to be fair I have hope every season (which made last season even that much worse) but Im hopeful of our future. I said in the RAWK thread I honestly believe BMD will be the turning point for us and the stars will one day align.

Silva wasnt my first choice as manager and I do think we missed the boat in trying to appoint a higher calibre of manager, but im willing to give him a chance to show what he can do.

Brands I was delighted when he joined as he's experienced in his role and is definitely an upgrade on Walsh. My only concern though is that Holland and the PL are two totally different league's in terms of finances and my concern is his system there might not translate to success here - we'll wait and see of course.

On Moshiri ive always maintained he's been more positive than negative - he'll deliver us BMD in my opinion and he put his money where his mouth was last summer. My only concern is our lack of activity so far this window and Brands comments seem to indicate he wont be putting his hand in his pocket again (atleast this season) which for me stops our only chance of seriously challenging the top 6/ for trophies as until our revenue grows from a new ground/ better sponsorship deals we are reliant on a benefactor as were Chelsea and City at the early stages of their takeovers.

As I said I really hope it comes together mate this summer/season im just very sceptical at this present moment - the first signing hopefully puts me at ease :pint2:

I don’t think top 6 is the aim this season unless the stars align and we have a belter and one of Arsenal , Chelsea or the RS slip up.
A team with Pickford ,Keane , Coleman , Gana , Siggy , Walcott , Lookman , Tosun is the basis for a best of the rest by a clear margin.
We get that , a decent cup run and play decent football and have a go at the big teams and I’ll be happy

I don’t think top 6 is the aim this season unless the stars align and we have a belter and one of Arsenal , Chelsea or the RS slip up.
A team with Pickford ,Keane , Coleman , Gana , Siggy , Walcott , Lookman , Tosun is the basis for a best of the rest by a clear margin.
We get that , a decent cup run and play decent football and have a go at the big teams and I’ll be happy
Nope

Genuinely, what evidence have we seen of Keane in a blue shirt to suggest that he merits being spoken about like that?

You have become numb mate, thats all, Everton has trampled on your dreams too many times and you know what, I know they will again.

Not once have I questioned your integrity as a supporter, I have merely implied you are stupid, that you are prone to stamping your feet and demanding things like my 11 month old Grandson.

Honestly I find it hard to grasp, your way of thinking, I just dont understand why people always assume the worst, if the worst happens, then you deal with it, I suppose people have different ways of coping.

Me, I dream, allow yourself to dream mate, then in May, when all your dreams are lying on the floor in pieces, you can hate Everton again, till June comes around, then, dream again.

*Sheds a tear*

Moutivational Goat x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back