Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m usually off my face on coffee and cigarettes when I’m here, possibly seen his name but it looked a fresh one.

Looked the business in the clips I’d seen.

The central attacking midfield position is one of the most exciting for me to watch, he has that awareness of others around him and isn’t greedy in areas when under pressure. Love all that me, cheeky nicely weighted passes for good goal scoring opportunities - How do they want the 12m?
In cash cheque bank draft of money transfer I’d say.
Personally I’d offer them a choice of any one of 23 players

Would anyone else be interested in seeing Robinson get an opportunity at left back rather then signing a new one.
Think he'd be okay as a LWB in front of a back 3, but he isn't ready defensively for a back 4. So I wouldn't want him as back up to somebody as injury prone as Baines.

If we brought in a new left back like this Plattenhardt chap, I'd be happy with Robinson being his back up and let Baines go to LA to meet up with his chum. Might even get a small fee for him.

In cash cheque bank draft of money transfer I’d say.
Personally I’d offer them a choice of any one of 23 players

This may be a route we explore when negotiating for players if we find it difficult to offload. That being said the terms being agreed by our player would be an obstacle.

Apparently Craig Dawson & Jay Rodriguez are valued at a combined £25m.

Please factor that in before saying we’lol only get £6m for Argentina international RFM.

Both not happening yet. Think we could possibly get £10m for RFM.

Please factor that in before saying we’lol only get £6m for Argentina international RFM.

RFM has Italy all over him, they aren’t known to pay that much for players.

Personally I think he stays, he’s a LCB who would add cover at the very least.

Cheers for that mate. There's been a lot of uncertainty surrounding his contract situation since it was announced he was signing a new deal a few months ago. That article explains a lot. The club are putting a lot of trust in the player (given the financial rewards he would expect to receive if he left on a free), which speaks volumes for his attitude IMO.

Cheers for that mate. There's been a lot of uncertainty surrounding his contract situation since it was announced he was signing a new deal a few months ago. That article explains a lot. The club are putting a lot of trust in the player (given the financial rewards he would expect to receive if he left on a free), which speaks volumes for his attitude IMO.

It’s a weird one. Wonder if we are just going to sign him on a free and provide Besiktas with a compensation package that will go unpunished from Arsenal. Loan of Klaassen and wage contribution being offset by us?

Dangerous the way they are letting it go down to the wire, can’t see anything else - other than us being gazzumped by another club.

However 70% of something is better than a loan surely, unless Klaassen goes to them on a free.

To be fair to Robinson, he recenlty played against Mbappe and Griezman and by all accounts passed muster. Didnt watch the game mind. Seemed to shine in the Championship as well.

What do the USA lads think of him?

Was playing Hercule Poirot last night.

Marco said Atlanta/Atalanta in a presser a few weeks ago - Seemed strange given he would have been discussing potential targets with Marcel.

Anyway, I had a look at their squads and there was a young lad playing for Atlanta who almost made the World Cup squad for Argentina. His name was Ezequiel Barco.

Very interesting youth prospect reading about him, who fits the Marcel code.

I’ll add I’m not very good at Hercule Poirot. x

To be fair to Robinson, he recenlty played against Mbappe and Griezman and by all accounts passed muster. Didnt watch the game mind.

What do the USA lads think of him?
Didn't see the game but I know USA played 3 at the back with Robinson as a wing back. As I said, I'd be reasonably happy with this arrangement but it is unlikely, from what we've heard and seen so far, that Silva will play this formation very often.

All reports I've seen on the game suggest Robinson applied himself very well and was not in the slightest overawed by playing against Mbappe, Dembele & Co. Even Tim Vickery gave him the thumbs up.;)

That seems about right to me, 12.5 mil each. Rodriguez scored 11 goals for a crap West Brom team, is homegrown and can play in a couple of positions.

Craig Dawson is probably one of the most consistent defensive right backs in the league, can play centre back and is a bit of a goal scoring defender i think.

I don't want us signing either of them but I could see a lot of bottom half teams willing to spend that or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back