Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Robinson is more than ready to be Baines back up if needed but personally I'd like to see us sign a new first choice left back, have Baines as back up and see if we can get Robinson a loan to championship side pushing for promotion next season where he can play week in week out. At this point I think that would benefit him more than sitting on a bench and ultimately Baines needs replacing so why put it off another season.

Would anyone else be interested in seeing Robinson get an opportunity at left back rather then signing a new one.

I think we need a new left back because Baines cant/shouldn't be relied on to stay fit for the whole season.

But that also means Robinson is likely to be second choice LB once the inevitable injury to Baines comes and he should get some opportunities from there to stake a claim.

I don't want Baines starting tbh, If you don't have pacey attacking full backs in the Premiership you're done out here.

Was playing Hercule Poirot last night.

Marco said Atlanta/Atalanta in a presser a few weeks ago - Seemed strange given he would have been discussing potential targets with Marcel.

Anyway, I had a look at their squads and there was a young lad playing for Atlanta who almost made the World Cup squad for Argentina. His name was Ezequiel Barco.

Very interesting youth prospect reading about him, who fits the Marcel code.

I’ll add I’m not very good at Hercule Poirot. x
I think this would have to be referred to the judges panel before indexing.
A bit like a VAR for weaseling @orly

Despite the usual “looking at our own players first” approach, there are certain players who can and should be shipped out without being given the once over.

Mirallas
Martina
Williams

Similarly, we definitely need a centre back. 100%.

So that’s something we should be cracking on with ahead of their return to training on 2nd July.

Despite the usual “looking at our own players first” approach, there are certain players who can and should be shipped out without being given the once over.

Mirallas
Martina
Williams

Similarly, we definitely need a centre back. 100%.

So that’s something we should be cracking on with ahead of their return to training on 2nd July.

Add Bolasie to that. At least.

I don't want Baines starting tbh, If you don't have pacey attacking full backs in the Premiership you're done out here.
Utd finished second with Ashley Young at LB.
Spurs then with Ben Davies first choice.
Liverpool with the aggressive but far from rapid Robertson.

It's a myth you need to be rapid at full back. You need quality on the ball and a great delivery. Of which Baines has both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back