Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utd finished second with Ashley Young at LB.
Spurs then with Ben Davies first choice.
Liverpool with the aggressive but far from rapid Robertson.

It's a myth you need to be rapid at full back. You need quality on the ball and a great delivery. Of which Baines has both.
Okay pacey might have been the wrong word but Baines can't go up the left for a full 90 mins it was quite clear last season, He doesn't take penalties or FK's anymore. I don't see why we shouldn't replace him this season if we can get one. I love the lad but he shouldn't be starting next season for me.

I think we'll be shifting many midfielders this summer, we'll need to bring in a couple more. If we do get him then the link up between him & Tosun would be something to look out for.
I guess. Assuming Silva keeps Davies, Siggy, Gana, Lookman, Walcott, there's still Vlasic, Bolasie, Dowell. While I could see room for a winger and a backup for Sig, is he our guy? Seems like we wouldn't have room for him AND Madison.

...question marks continue to hang over both Robinson and Dowell for one reason - Steve Walsh. Both were better options than we had as back-up last season and would’ve got a very reasonable amount of game time but Walsh allowed them to go on loan. We would know at this point if they had long-term futures at top level but it’s still an imponderable because we had no playing strategy.

That Lozano lad is the top of BBC's ones to watch list for the World Cup:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44369212

No way we're getting him. Raoila is his agent also. He'll be off to the big boys, don't do it to yourselves lads.
Not a great article in fairness. Half of those listed probably won't even get any game time, and all the very best young players on show at the WC don't even get a mention.

Also don't forget that Brands and Raiola are close friends, and it isn't beyond the realms of probability that Brands himself was behind the player signing to Raiola in April. There's also the good links that we will have with PSV. Also the player himself will most likely trust the man who brought him across to Europe.

I think you'll be wrong to under estimate Brands influence in the transfer market.

Do we want him to? He's a great passer, which we could use, but he's get another player without pace. He wouldn't be the worst backup to Siggy I guess.
He has decent pace mate. Not lightning quick like you'd want from your wide players, but fast enough for a central player. Goes past players quite easily and usually has an end product too. Much quicker than Siggy.

If he does come, I see him competing with Siggy rather than being his back up. He may even replace Siggy if Silva/Brands don't fancy him.

Do we want him to? He's a great passer, which we could use, but he's get another player without pace. He wouldn't be the worst backup to Siggy I guess.
He has decent pace mate. Not lightning quick like you'd want from your wide players, but fast enough for a central player. Goes past players quite easily and usually has an end product too. Much quicker than Siggy.

If he does come, I see him competing with Siggy rather than being his back up. He may even replace Siggy if Silva/Brands don't fancy him.

He goes past players in Turkey easily, not in the PL. Doesn't mean he's bad. But surely if we acquire Maddison, there's no room for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back