Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how football works.

We'd all be delighted if we were signing Grzegorz Krychowiak from PSG or Sevilla. In fact when we were linked it was dismissed as unrealistic as he was far too good for the likes of us.

Now after a season at WBA everyone would say he is useless and not PL ready.

On paper he'd be another cheap (£10m which seems to be cheap now) option for the deep lying playmaker role.
worth a punt for me, was unfortunate that he had to play alongside a drunken one footed tortoise for a lot of the season

If we're looking at United CB's the only one we should be after is Eric Bailly, incomprehensibly Mourinho seemed to prefer Jones and Smalling for the latter part of the season. He even gave more game time to Rojo than Bailly towards the end of the year. With United being in for Alderweireld it seems like one of their defenders may be on their way out.
He will be too expensive your looking at 40m plus.
I don't think morinho will let him keave

As long as it’s with Lascelles and not instead of.

Gibson Lascelles & holgate all good, keep one of the others don’t care which one there all crap

If we had those 3 (absolutely no chance) I'd keep jagielka and hope feeney would be ready in a year or so to be one of our 4 main centrebacks.

Funny how football works.

We'd all be delighted if we were signing Grzegorz Krychowiak from PSG or Sevilla. In fact when we were linked it was dismissed as unrealistic as he was far too good for the likes of us.

Now after a season at WBA everyone would say he is useless and not PL ready.

On paper he'd be another cheap (£10m which seems to be cheap now) option for the deep lying playmaker role.

Played well enough at Sevilla for me to want to take a gamble on him. Feel he would add more to the squad than Schneiderlin given he is more mobile.

Playing for West Brom you aren’t going to have the freedom to play the same way he’d have done at Sevilla. Unsure what happened to him at PSG, but would feel happy if he arrived and got his head down if he would fit in this new attacking system - means little he didn’t thrive in the West Brom setup as they didn’t play how we will.

Let’s hope they do, I would love us to be further along in that respect, but just going from the Brands comments he’s said they are going to review the squad this week.

Perhaps it’s just a meeting between Marco & Marcel - Hopefully it’s informing players their role/that they have no part in the future and need to look for a move.
I think Brands is playing it cool in front of the media and talking about reviewing the squad etc, but I suspect he is actually a lot further on in terms of knowing what he wants to do.

As long as Bolasie (and maybe Mirallas, but in theory he doesn't need 'replacing') is replaced then I am happy with our attacking options next season. It's only a domestic campaign, no need to have three top quality strikers. Cenk is quality, Walcott can play up there, Niasse is a proven impact player. Sigurdsson will be settled in his #10 role and our wide options are sorted. We'd have Walcott, Lookman, Vlasic and 1 more to choose from on the wings, which for me is fine.

Obviously the problems lie in midfield and defence: We have nobody who can pass a ball in midfield, and need virtually a whole new defence. Dowell and Klaassen (possibly) may get a chance, but apart from Gueye our midfield is whack. Carvalho would be a good signing, but it's essential we get some creativity in there.

Two of Williams, Jagielka, Mori, Keane must go (most likely Mori and Williams), and Baines must be replaced.

That's a lot of work in one summer.

Lindelof has got a lot better. He’s got an error in him but most top CBs have. He’s very good on the ball. Would much rather have him than carthorse Keane.

This is the thing for me though, we're not getting rid of kean and he is going to be one of our starting center backs this season. So who ever we get in has to complement kean.

We need a fast, strong, leader type center back someone who can call the shots in the back line. Only problem is their hard to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back