Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to Maddison.

Dowell isn't slow, but he's not someone who can drive with the ball from deep, no.
In that case I agree...having maddison play means you would need someone like Carvalho behind him for when he loses the ball as he will I'm sure on lots of occasions...but from what little iv seen of him he is even more direct than Barkley and skilful..just the player to get some excitement back

Not somebody you associate with it as he doesnt often play deep.

Did you catch the Toulin final v Mexico?. Dowell played a lot deeper, especially 2nd half, and I was surprised by 2/3 strong runs he made with the ball. The Mexicans were definitely not slouches either.

Dowell is not rapid but his pace with the ball is deceptively quick, and he has the ability to glide past players. But I've only seen this in short bursts of 10/15 metres before the other day. One particular break was over half the pitch

I didn't mate no.

I think Dowell wouldn't be able to do it in the Prem from that position. I don't think he has the power that Barkley used to to be able to get past big, strong midfielders.

But yeh, Dowell does have that ability to glide past a player - but he needs to be closer to goal imo (as you say, bursts of 10-15m).

Maddison looks like a player who can carry the ball from a deep position as well as do what Dowell does close to goal (which is where I think they are similar).

Why are West Ham always linked with every decent player, they end up with a load of gash every time and none of the players linked lol

Mixed feelings about Gotze. Is he better than walcott? ... would he stop Lookman progressing?

Or is he exactly what we need, the right age at 26 and a player who needs a new start. Similar to when Pienarr joined.

I didn't mate no.

I think Dowell wouldn't be able to do it in the Prem from that position. I don't think he has the power that Barkley used to to be able to get past big, strong midfielders.

But yeh, Dowell does have that ability to glide past a player - but he needs to be closer to goal imo (as you say, bursts of 10-15m).

Maddison looks like a player who can carry the ball from a deep position as well as do what Dowell does close to goal (which is where I think they are similar).
You're probably right. Still I think its worth having a proper look at him there in pre season. The other benefit was that he was heavily involved all game in that position.

You're probably right. Still I think its worth having a proper look at him there in pre season. The other benefit was that he was heavily involved all game in that position.

I think we will mate.

Same goes for Schneiderlin and probably a fair few others.

Seems the minds have been made up on Kev and Williams (good) and maybe Klaassen, which I do think is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back