Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s fair to say that Connolly should’ve been added to this list from the get-go meaning that we actually began the summer with a squad of 39 players:

1. Pickford (GK)
  2. Robles (GK) ❌
  3. Stekelenberg (GK)
  4. Coleman (RB)
  5. Kenny (RB)
  6. Martina (RB)
  7. Baines (LB)
  8. Garbutt (LB) ❌ (loan)
  9. Robinson (LB)
  10. Jagielka (CB)
  11. Williams (CB)
  12. Keane (CB)
  13. Funes Mori (CB) ❌
  14. Holgate (CB)
  15. Pennington (CB)
  16. Browning (CB)
  17. Galloway (CB)
  18. Gueye (DM)
  19. Baningime (DM)
  20. Schneiderlin (DM)
  21. McCarthy (DM)
  22. Besic (DM)
  23. Connolly (DM)
  24. Klaassen (CM)
  25. Davies (CM)
  26. Rooney (AM) ❌
  27. Sigurdsson (AM)
  28. Dowell (AM)
  29. Tarashaj (AM)
  30. Vlasic (RW)
  31. Walcott (RW)
  32. Lookman (LW)
  33. Bolasie (LW)
  34. Mirallas (LW)
  35. Sandro (LW)
  36. Onyekuru (LW) ❌ (loan)
  37. Tosun (ST)
  38. Calvert-Lewin (ST)
  39. Niasse (ST)

In: 0

Out: 5 (Robles, Funes Mori, Rooney, Garbutt, Onyekuru)

Current Total: 34
Looking at that squad many will have to be moved along to get anywhere near the 25 thats been mentioned.
Add 3/4 out field players , plus 1 possibly 2 keepers.
I think we would be lucky to get the squad down to 30 at the close of the window.
This squad cull could run for a few widows.......mammoth task this.

Just seen West Ham’s unvail video for Anderson they are on Photoshop while we are on Microsoft paint, boss intro video.

The dildo brothers are making a show of us. New underwear please.

Pretty glad we aren't getting Shaw - surely he'd just be another Schneiderlin.

Might as well have rumours that we are in for 20 left-backs - don't see the harm in bluffing - although it winds up the fans I guess.

Looking at that squad many will have to be moved along to get anywhere near the 25 thats been mentioned.
I think we would be lucky to get the squad down to 30 at the close of the window.

Some of the players we need to get rid of will fight to the last ditch to stay also. Likes of Williams, Martina, Mirallas. As they’ll never earn wages like this again, makes it very hard.

The last week is always a mad scramble for players, so I`d like to think that we`ll get quite a few out.

In his interview with the echo, Silva says that he has been impressed by some of the young lads, so he`s tipping a nod to some of the younger lads there.

He also says that " he knew some of the players very well " before taking the job.

Which looks to me like he`s been studying the team last season, so he`ll know exactly who the turds are.

Just seen West Ham’s unvail video for Anderson they are on Photoshop while we are on Microsoft paint, boss intro video.

The dildo brothers are making a show of us. New underwear please.
No they are not, the only decent signing is the lad from Fulham. Wilshire is injury prone. Yarmolenko is erratic as hell and not great on the injury side either. Lazio have hawked Anderson round pretty much every club in Europe trying to get rid. Diop is young and unproven, and tbh I don't know much about the cbd from South America. Don't worry about them they are not going to do anything next season mate.

Some of the players we need to get rid of will fight to the last ditch to stay also. Likes of Williams, Martina, Mirallas. As they’ll never earn wages like this again, makes it very hard.

Only chance is if someone else is willing to pay some or all of their remaining contract. To be fair, Williams and Mirallas aren't so bad that they couldn't do a decent job at the bottom of the prem or top of championship. Mirallas especially could be an option from the bench for somebody. Teams are paying 20m+ in fees for above average players. Surely they are at least loan-able.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back