Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much do you reckon is in the coffers? We've spent less than 5 mil for two pretty boss signings IMO.

I don't think it's a matter of how much have we got left to spend but more that we wouldn't pay £15m+ for a player who's almost 29 and would have little resale value.

Also I would not consider Cleverley 'pretty boss'

Nolito would be around £10m
And I think there would be another tenner left to use...just a quess x

Nolito would be around £10m
And I think there would be another tenner left to use...just a quess x

13m release clause.

Suppose it depends on Mirallas, I mean IF hes staying, we dont need another winger for 13m.

Well in that case we shoulda forked out 15 mil for The Clev...I mean if Lallana is 25 mil...The Clev is at least 15. Terrible business getting him for free like.

The Clev will prove to be an astute signing

But as I think @Neiler pointed out earlier, we now have a 25 man squad, assuming the 2 young lads can be classed as "first teamers" and providing Garbutt actually signs. Theres "room" for another CB, considering the age of the 2 CBs, but in terms of numbers we ideally should be looking to move a few players on, sort of 1 in 1 out thingy.

GK
Tim Howard *
Joel Robles

RB
Seamus Coleman
Tony Hibbert

LB
Leighton Baines
Luke Garbutt
Bryan Oviedo

CB
Phil Jagielka
John Stones
Brendan Galloway
Tyias Browning

DM/CM
Gareth Barry *
Mume Besic
James McCarthy
Darron Gibson *
Tom Cleverley

Wingers
Aidean McGeady *
Kevin Mirallas
Steven Pienaar *
Gerard Deulofeu

ACM
Ross Barkley
Steven Naismith *
Leon Osman

ST
Romelu Lukaku
Arouna Kone *

The players with an asterisk would be the 1s I would be willing to ship out, on a like for like positional basis only.

But as I think @Neiler pointed out earlier, we now have a 25 man squad, assuming the 2 young lads can be classed as "first teamers" and providing Garbutt actually signs. Theres "room" for another CB, considering the age of the 2 CBs, but in terms of numbers we ideally should be looking to move a few players on, sort of 1 in 1 out thingy.

GK
Tim Howard *
Joel Robles

RB
Seamus Coleman
Tony Hibbert

LB
Leighton Baines
Luke Garbutt
Bryan Oviedo

CB
Phil Jagielka
John Stones
Brendan Galloway
Tyias Browning

DM/CM
Gareth Barry *
Mume Besic
James McCarthy
Darron Gibson *
Tom Cleverley

Wingers
Aidean McGeady *
Kevin Mirallas
Steven Pienaar *
Gerard Deulofeu

ACM
Ross Barkley
Steven Naismith *
Leon Osman

ST
Romelu Lukaku
Arouna Kone *

The players with an asterisk would be the 1s I would be willing to ship out, on a like for like positional basis only.

Think garbutt and one of briwning or galloway (probably browning) will go out on loan. Takes it downto 23. Getting rid of howard and barry is unrealistic as we know bobby likes them but the rest i agree with. Seems we are pretty stacked in the centre mid department. Maybe a core of 21 players plus henen, ledson, and long deputising if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back