Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, from what I have seen I would say Nolito is better than Mirallas.
From what I've seen and from the posters on the Barca forum they think he's as good as anyone and are shocked no English club has come in for him.

But we've tried. I'm sure others have. Maybe he just likes Spain so it's probably a no goer. If it was possible I think we would have got him last season.

From what I've seen and from the posters on the Barca forum they think he's as good as anyone and are shocked no English club has come in for him.

But we've tried. I'm sure others have. Maybe he just likes Spain so it's probably a no goer. If it was possible I think we would have got him last season.

Wiki says that he's 'only' on 900,000 euro a year, which is pennies compared to the wages he would command in the Premier League. The lad is 28, so you'd think that he would need to move now if he wants to make some proper money. He'd earn about 12 million pound if he was here for 4 years. If he was to stay in Spain on similar wages, then he would 'only' be making about 3 million pound during the same period, which is a MASSIVE difference. He would be absolutely mad not to move to the PL at this moment in time, especially when his career only has another 5 years left.

Wiki says that he's 'only' on 900,000 euro a year, which is pennies compared to the wages he would command in the Premier League. The lad is 28, so you'd think that he would need to move now if he wants to make some proper money. He'd earn about 12 million pound if he was here for 4 years. If he was to stay in Spain on similar wages, then he would 'only' be making about 3 million pound during the same period, which is a MASSIVE difference. He would be absolutely mad not to move to the PL at this moment in time, especially when his career only has another 5 years left.
Good point.

Wow no wonder the players want to come to England and even then the weather keeps them away.

Personally it's a no brainer. If we sold Mirallas it wouldn't even cost us anything either in terms of the overall age of the squad or wages assuming we could get 13m.

I do know if it will be possible however since a few of the big clubs like A Madrid and Barca have been sniffing about. He's not some unknown gem so if he moves he will have plenty of offers.

Nolito is boss. Martinez spoke about him in the fan interview at the end of the season though. Said he massively rates him but he's not the profile of the player he's after this summer. In fairness, Martinez has straight up said "we're not after him" before when it's been a big fib (Eto'o for one) but the fact that he stated he's not the sort of player he wants makes me inclined to believe him.

Nolito is boss. Martinez spoke about him in the fan interview at the end of the season though. Said he massively rates him but he's not the profile of the player he's after this summer. In fairness, Martinez has straight up said "we're not after him" before when it's been a big fib (Eto'o for one) but the fact that he stated he's not the sort of player he wants makes me inclined to believe him.
http://www.[Publication is blacklis...edly-agreed-to-leave-celta-vigo-for-valencia/

Probably off to Valencia.

Although I wonder if that's the holdup with the play maker. He's Bobby's first choice and is waiting to see what happens first.

I always suspected that's why we never bought a replacement for Pienaar last season. Is history repeating itself.

We need to make a call one way or another. There's still Denis Cheryshev or even Carles Gil still available.

http://www.[Publication is blacklis...edly-agreed-to-leave-celta-vigo-for-valencia/

Probably off to Valencia.

Although I wonder if that's the holdup with the play maker. He's Bobby's first choice and is waiting to see what happens first.

I always suspected that's why we never bought a replacement for Pienaar last season. Is history repeating itself.

Nolito --> Valencia
Piatti --> Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back