Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently there's some bonkers nonsense going on with the club president that sounds prrroper dodgy.

This is from a Spurs fan on Reddit:

"It isn't a "free". The president would be taking him hostage if he left like that. Latest rumours are of a 10m signing fee which would go straight to the president.

There's a reason why even Sevilla, who are known for their transfer dealings pulled out saying it was too difficult"

We just need Duncan to give them a call and explain the situation.

duncan_ferguson_608x376.png

"Look Mate, if you are looking for ransom I can tell you Everton don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let Konoplyanka go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will chin you."

Hibbert
Gibson
Pienaar
Osman
Kone

Cant see any of them staying past next season.

Howard - Need an upgrade
Barry - Besic will take over
McGeady - Not good enough
Mirallas - Wanted to leave in Jan
Naismith -Doesnt fit system

Can see any of those being sold.

Thats 5 players next season gone and another 5 who could be sold anytime. I doubt Martinez would get rid of 10 players (or similar) all at once next season so id expect to see some outs this summer.
I think there's a good chance of that. McCarthy might have went to Utd but it looks they might prefer Schneiderlin instead so I think that put the No10 search on hold. Mirallas is probably looking for another club however I think the rest will probably stay since we can't afford better replacements. Over time perhaps but not in one window.

Although I think he would be a great addition similar to doing what arteta did for us or Modric for spurs, he could play left, deep or number 10. I think if he became available teams like Spurs, Porto, Valencia even the RS would come in for him. Not even arsed if West Ham do. Their poo
He would certainly do a better job on the left than Cleverly but maybe unless McCarthy goes we have too many similar. I'm now thinking we need a proper wide man. Not necessarily for the left either. Personally I would love to get Yarmolenko and play him on the right and Deulofeu on the left. I suppose Konoplynka is still available as a backup if things start looking desperate.

LW -- McGeady / Pienaar
RW -- Deulofeu / Mirallas

I think we will see Mirallas and McGeady sold and Pienaar leaving next summer. I would think we will make a huge signing for left wing for £15mil+ and either a loan player to cover both flanks or lennon for £3mil.

Central midfield (longer term) 3 positions:

Besic / McCarthy/Cleverley/Barkley maybe Ledson coming through. Would still need one more player to have 2 players for each position. Barry/Osman/Gibson/Naismith all going in this or next window.

So, no idea if hes going for the playmaker on the left or the centre. Interesting to see who we go for.
Biggest question of the summer :)

I don't think there will be much chance of signing him, but I've always been really impressed with Brahimi whenever I've seen him. He was great for Algeria in the World Cup last year and also in the recent ACN. Thought Porto got a bargain last year getting him for around £5M.

I don't think there will be much chance of signing him, but I've always been really impressed with Brahimi whenever I've seen him. He was great for Algeria in the World Cup last year and also in the recent ACN. Thought Porto got a bargain last year getting him for around £5M.
Porto always get a bargain so you are probably right. :)

However they also slap huge release clauses on their players.

* Atsu was great in the ACN.

I would rather Konoplynka than Lennon but his wages would be a stumbling block
I have to say he never really impressed me in the Europa Leage final. With Nolito and Yarmolenka you could see instantly what the big deal was but I thought he was a bit meh.

That said if it's true Sevilla wanted him but just his wages where too high it does show he's probably top class and also probably a decent worker.

Last edited:
Porto always get a bargain so you are probably right. :)

However they also slap huge release clauses on their players.
Very true. I think they've also sold part of his ownership to a third party, which would complicate any deal and indicates that someone sees a big profit on him in the future.

So Palace are looking 12m for Dann.

Apparently Fontas at Celta Vigo has a 3m release. Just saying.

That's why I say Dann is overpriced. I am not saying I want him but Vlaar is a free agent and can we say he is PL proven too?

According to various sources from the media, Astori is available for €5m. Ogbonna is available for £7.5m. I call these two are available for reasonable prices who can push Jags and Stones. Both are left footed, left side CB that our manager wants.

Last edited:
But as I think @Neiler pointed out earlier, we now have a 25 man squad, assuming the 2 young lads can be classed as "first teamers" and providing Garbutt actually signs. Theres "room" for another CB, considering the age of the 2 CBs, but in terms of numbers we ideally should be looking to move a few players on, sort of 1 in 1 out thingy.

GK
Tim Howard *
Joel Robles

RB
Seamus Coleman
Tony Hibbert

LB
Leighton Baines
Luke Garbutt
Bryan Oviedo

CB
Phil Jagielka
John Stones
Brendan Galloway
Tyias Browning

DM/CM
Gareth Barry *
Mume Besic
James McCarthy
Darron Gibson *
Tom Cleverley

Wingers
Aidean McGeady *
Kevin Mirallas
Steven Pienaar *
Gerard Deulofeu

ACM
Ross Barkley
Steven Naismith *
Leon Osman

ST
Romelu Lukaku
Arouna Kone *

The players with an asterisk would be the 1s I would be willing to ship out, on a like for like positional basis only.
Now the squad number really intrest me, I completely agree 25 is a good sized squad and you don't want to have to big of a squad.

The thing that makes it so hard is that

Pienaar
Hibbert
Gibson
Kone

Have all had serious injury concerns over the previous couple of season and have missed huge chunks of the season. You can't help but think that they'll continue to miss big chunks through-out the season, especially the first three.

Garbutt will go out on loan but that's fine we have enough cover at left back. Galloway and Browning will both go out on loan at different stages through out the season but after we sign a new centreback we'll be fine.

Next season we have:

Hibbert
Osman
Mirallas
Gibson
Pienaar
Kone
Oviedo

All out of contract now, and then players like Howard and McGeady (maybe Barry by the end of this year as well) who most of us would have hoped are been moved on by this time last year and clubs will come for Lukaku, Stones and Barkley who will be better and another year older.

That all has the potential to be a huge task, realisticly we'll have at least half a dozen first team players moving on, I can't help but feel if we can move on and then replace a couple it'd be really smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back