Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently spurs are looking to move lamela on.

I know he hasn't set the world alight there but he must have something about him for them to have paid so much for him in the first place?

Worth a punt?

Since I didn't want to be banned by responding to this and mentioning these players I'll post here.

Exactly.

Super Kev needs to sit down with Martinez, smooth things over and get cracking.

At this point I really don't think we're going to get any better. Lennon is a good little player but he doesn't have the goal threat of Kev. Yarmolenko and even Konoplynka are going to go to UCL clubs, we could go for either Jesse or Cheryshev but are unlikely to get either. In fact Liverpool are looking like they're in for Cheryshev now Shaqiri is staying at Inter. Nolito will probably go to Valencia. The fact remains we're probably the best club for Kev and he's probably the best we can do. I really do wonder if we should have tried harder to get Payet, could he be like Tadic last year.

At least we have Deulofeu, I would take him over any of them anyway.

Last edited:
That's why I say Dann is overpriced. I am not saying I want him but Vlaar is a free agent and can we say he is PL proven too?

According to various sources from the media, Astori is available for €5m. Ogbonna is available for £7.5m. I call these two are available for reasonable prices who can push Jags and Stones. Both are left footed, left side CB that our manager wants.
12m for Dann I would agree, 8m or below and I'm interested.

Now the squad number really intrest me, I completely agree 25 is a good sized squad and you don't want to have to big of a squad.

The thing that makes it so hard is that

Pienaar
Hibbert
Gibson
Kone

Have all had serious injury concerns over the previous couple of season and have missed huge chunks of the season. You can't help but think that they'll continue to miss big chunks through-out the season, especially the first three.

Garbutt will go out on loan but that's fine we have enough cover at left back. Galloway and Browning will both go out on loan at different stages through out the season but after we sign a new centreback we'll be fine.

Next season we have:

Hibbert
Osman
Mirallas
Gibson
Pienaar
Kone
Oviedo

All out of contract now, and then players like Howard and McGeady (maybe Barry by the end of this year as well) who most of us would have hoped are been moved on by this time last year and clubs will come for Lukaku, Stones and Barkley who will be better and another year older.

That all has the potential to be a huge task, realisticly we'll have at least half a dozen first team players moving on, I can't help but feel if we can move on and then replace a couple it'd be really smart.
It would but I can't see anyone buying Pienaar, Hibbert, Gibson or Kone. For the cost of their wages we may as well use them for squad filler now.

When fit they're all a decent standard and good for team spirit.

Please get rid of McGeady. Please.
McGeady is the one I would like moved on because I think we could get a fee. Surely there's a promotion team willing to pay 2m-4m for him. He's a decent player and works hard and still has 3 years in him at least. I just can't see him in Roberto's plans.

my first venture into this thread.

Personally i would want us to sign a new striker who can come in and provide a role within the team. My choices (for us) would be vargas. Free, great runner and would allow us to play different tactics and untilise other players with him covering the ground and being a nuisance. But that is just me.

Personally i would want us to sign a new striker who can come in and provide a role within the team. My choices (for us) would be vargas. Free, great runner and would allow us to play different tactics and untilise other players with him covering the ground and being a nuisance. But that is just me.

The impact sub for QPR last season? surely not?

That's why I say Dann is overpriced. I am not saying I want him but Vlaar is a free agent and can we say he is PL proven too?

According to various sources from the media, Astori is available for €5m. Ogbonna is available for £7.5m. I call these two are available for reasonable prices who can push Jags and Stones. Both are left footed, left side CB that our manager wants.
Vlaar plays well for Holland in a 3 man defence. Not as good for villa in a 4442

Are we not interested in Nolito any more? I listened to that podcast of the fans' interview with Martinez a few weeks ago and it sounded like he was a massive admirer of him.

Ogbonna, Nolito and possibly Remy on loan if Chelsea sign Falcao would be ideal for me. Dreamland, maybe, but that would be ideal.

Is Vargas not just another Naismith?

Exactly. And they'll easy get 25m for him.
They bought him for 30m and he's been a flop and they're probably going to have to sell him back to a poorer league like Italy. I think they'll be lucky to get more than 20m probably closer to 17m.

If they sold him to another premier league team it would be closer to 25m but the player won't want to go to anyone worse than Spurs and anyone better wouldn't want him for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back