Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outs:

Howard - Next year
Hibbert - Next year contract expires
Barry - Next year
Gibson - Next year contract expires
McGeady - This summer
Mirallas - This summer
Pienaar - Next year contract expires
Osman - Next year contract expires
Kone -Next year contract expires

Naismith i think may go this summer if we sell him to fund a forward.

But as I think @Neiler pointed out earlier, we now have a 25 man squad, assuming the 2 young lads can be classed as "first teamers" and providing Garbutt actually signs. Theres "room" for another CB, considering the age of the 2 CBs, but in terms of numbers we ideally should be looking to move a few players on, sort of 1 in 1 out thingy.

GK
Tim Howard *
Joel Robles

RB
Seamus Coleman
Tony Hibbert

LB
Leighton Baines
Luke Garbutt
Bryan Oviedo

CB
Phil Jagielka
John Stones
Brendan Galloway
Tyias Browning

DM/CM
Gareth Barry *
Mume Besic
James McCarthy
Darron Gibson *
Tom Cleverley

Wingers
Aidean McGeady *
Kevin Mirallas
Steven Pienaar *
Gerard Deulofeu

ACM
Ross Barkley
Steven Naismith *
Leon Osman

ST
Romelu Lukaku
Arouna Kone *

The players with an asterisk would be the 1s I would be willing to ship out, on a like for like positional basis only.

Is Piatti the one who was at Almeria prior to Valencia , if so we should be all over him. Wouldn't command a huge fee so wouldn't be a risk signing , get him and that Klavan in for under 10 mil and its been a good summer. If Mirallas goes, bring in Lennon. Then maybe buy some youth to compliment what we already have.

Outs:

Howard - Next year
Barry - Next year
McGeady - This summer
Mirallas - This summer

There's going to be a lot of players leaving due to their contracts expiring and most are so old are injury prone there's hopefully no hope they'll be extended. If we do get into Europe we're going to need about 7 or 8 players.

But as I think @Neiler pointed out earlier, we now have a 25 man squad, assuming the 2 young lads can be classed as "first teamers" and providing Garbutt actually signs. Theres "room" for another CB, considering the age of the 2 CBs, but in terms of numbers we ideally should be looking to move a few players on, sort of 1 in 1 out thingy.

GK
Tim Howard *
Joel Robles

RB
Seamus Coleman
Tony Hibbert

LB
Leighton Baines
Luke Garbutt
Bryan Oviedo

CB
Phil Jagielka
John Stones
Brendan Galloway
Tyias Browning

DM/CM
Gareth Barry *
Mume Besic
James McCarthy
Darron Gibson *
Tom Cleverley

Wingers
Aidean McGeady *
Kevin Mirallas
Steven Pienaar *
Gerard Deulofeu

ACM
Ross Barkley
Steven Naismith *
Leon Osman

ST
Romelu Lukaku
Arouna Kone *

The players with an asterisk would be the 1s I would be willing to ship out, on a like for like positional basis only.
Garbutt and Browning will go on loan. We're definitely going to bring in a CB so that will bring it to 24 which just leaves room for one more.

Will it be the lock unpicker No10 or a left winger.

I think we should go for the winger and play a proper 4-3-3. None of this 4-2-3-1 crap. It has been found out. I can't see us however buying both unless someone goes (not including Mirallas).

I've said it from the beginning that to get a proper No10 I think McCarthy has to go to make the room and free the funds and I don't want to lose McCarthy.

Outs:

Howard - Next year
Barry - Next year
McGeady - This summer
Mirallas - This summer

Huge wedge on wages saved if we did get rid of all them. Give RM a lot of room for manouvre in the market.

I think Nolito will go to Valencia if theyre in for him, Peter Lim is the Singaporean abramovich.

The way Martinez talks about the "core" with ages between 19-26 i think he would go for someone in that age range.

I also wonder if he's waiting to sell Mirallas/McGeady before going for a left winger and a playmaker...seeing what he has in the pot before making moves

Hibbert
Gibson
Pienaar
Osman
Kone

Cant see any of them staying past next season.

Howard - Need an upgrade
Barry - Besic will take over
McGeady - Not good enough
Mirallas - Wanted to leave in Jan
Naismith -Doesnt fit system

Can see any of those being sold.

Thats 5 players next season gone and another 5 who could be sold anytime. I doubt Martinez would get rid of 10 players (or similar) all at once next season so id expect to see some outs this summer.

Huge wedge on wages saved if we did get rid of all them. Give RM a lot of room for manouvre in the market.

Sergi roberto is my player of choice

Although I think he would be a great addition similar to doing what arteta did for us or Modric for spurs, he could play left, deep or number 10. I think if he became available teams like Spurs, Porto, Valencia even the RS would come in for him. Not even arsed if West Ham do. Their poo

LW -- McGeady / Pienaar
RW -- Deulofeu / Mirallas

I think we will see Mirallas and McGeady sold and Pienaar leaving next summer. I would think we will make a huge signing for left wing for £15mil+ and either a loan player to cover both flanks or lennon for £3mil.

Central midfield (longer term) 3 positions:

Besic / McCarthy/Cleverley/Barkley maybe Ledson coming through. Would still need one more player to have 2 players for each position. Barry/Osman/Gibson/Naismith all going in this or next window.

So, no idea if hes going for the playmaker on the left or the centre. Interesting to see who we go for.

Garbutt and Browning will go on loan. We're definitely going to bring in a CB so that will bring it to 24 which just leaves room for one more.

Will it be the lock unpicker No10 or a left winger.

I think we should go for the winger and play a proper 4-3-3. None of this 4-2-3-1 crap. It has been found out. I can't see us however buying both unless someone goes (not including Mirallas).

I've said it from the beginning that to get a proper No10 I think McCarthy has to go to make the room and free the funds and I don't want to lose McCarthy.

Hibbert
Gibson
Pienaar
Osman
Kone

Cant see any of them staying past next season.

Howard - Need an upgrade
Barry - Besic will take over
McGeady - Not good enough
Mirallas - Wanted to leave in Jan
Naismith -Doesnt fit system

Can see any of those being sold.

Thats 5 players next season gone and another 5 who could be sold anytime. I doubt Martinez would get rid of 10 players (or similar) all at once next season so id expect to see some outs this summer.

agree with that except for Naismith.
he's so not in our system that he'll be kept, just playing him means we're doing things differently. It's enough to shake up a match and change things if we've being tactically nullified.

McGeady won't be sold, that's wishful thinking on our part. Roberto clearly likes him. Doesn't change the fact he's not good enough like.

We will probably see Mirallas leave, and as much as I like Lennon we'd be weaker if he was the replacement. We should have better quality replacements in mind, and if they don't come off then turn to Lennon.

Pienaar and Gibson will go the season after if not this year, shame really as they're both quality, should be aiming for like for like replacements.

Can't see Howard and Kone ever leaving, but Osman can stay as he's never relied on pace anyway and can be a useful squad player.

It's refreshing though that so far it's distin & Alcaraz out, Cleverley and Del in. Progress.

There is hope ye!t! :D

http://sevillafc.es/nuevaweb/actualidad/noticias/37964

Sevilla have decided to not sign Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka this summer.

The Europa League winners were hoping to sign Konoplyanka, who is a free agent this summer, but negotiations have proved unsuccessful.

The Ukraine international has been strongly linked with a move to Stoke, while Newcastle are also in the race to sign the 25-year-old.

"We set ourselves a deadline to sign Konoplyanka and it has expired," Sevilla sporting director Monchi said on his club's official website.

Apparently there's some bonkers nonsense going on with the club president that sounds prrroper dodgy.

This is from a Spurs fan on Reddit:

"It isn't a "free". The president would be taking him hostage if he left like that. Latest rumours are of a 10m signing fee which would go straight to the president.

There's a reason why even Sevilla, who are known for their transfer dealings pulled out saying it was too difficult"

Seen us linked with that Astori defender bloke.

He's been linked with just about everyone over the years. Guess it's our turn. No idea if he's any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back