Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, maybe not. I haven't watched him exclusively as I'm pretty sure you haven't either. However, 10 caps for Italy and over 40 appearances for Juventus, the guy is clearly no mug and would be half the value of Scott Dann.

I like Dann as it goes, but I actually agree with the other fella in that there is surely better value out there than the 10+ million Palace would want.
I've seen enough of dann and ogbonna to say dann is the better defender certainly for the premier league anyway.

It's only ten caps and its for Italy they aren't a boss national side anymore

Also as for half the price of dann I'd disagree he is on more wages and also would be a similar transfer fee

Like I say wouldn't mind either but prefer dann myself whoever we get I'll support

....the goalkeeper links are interesting but I only see this as the club covering their options whilst Howard's status remains uncertain. If Howard stays I doubt we will bring a keeper in. Not sure what happens if Howard decides to return to the States, I presume his contract terminates and we don't force him to buy out what remains.

If by using term "experienced" you mean good defender who played in the premier league before than you're right - surely it is hard to get one on cheap.

But buying outside of the premier league you could get Skrtel (6mln), Lovren (8mln), vlaar (3mln), de vrij(8mln) the list goes on. Surely these are not world's greats but personallyi rate them all more than scott dann
Skrtel, unfortunately ;), has turned out a decent buy but he was 6m in Jan 2008, prices have escalated a bit since then.

Lovren was a good buy at 8m for S'ton but hasn't really kicked on for Liverpool as you pointed out yourself - were his weaknesses covered by Fonte (who btw was a cracking signing for 1.2m in 2010)?

We have no idea how Stefan De Vrij would do in the premier league and at 8m he is the same price range anyway that we are disucussing.

Ron Vlaar I thought might go to Utd last summer in the transfer window, especially with the LVG connection. He has good leadership skills, is a solid defender and is versatile in the way he can play in back three as well as as back four. Bit of an iffy injury record but overall think he was an excellent signing for the price in 2012.

Overall not disagreeing with you that you can strike it lucky, just think it way, way harder than your initial posts suggested in the current market with every premier league team looking for the same thing and with money to spend.

Edit btw I didn't necessarily mean premier league experienced but we do need someone who not only knows how to manage his own game but potentially be able to step in and direct inexperiened youngsters - doubt you'd get that confidence without at least 3 years of first team football at a decent level.

Last edited:
Astori/ Ogbonna/ Dann all linked for centre back, would hope for Bartra myself.

Also Munir at Barca supposedly available for transfer on some dodgy site.

Sign Deulofeu / Bartra.
Loan Munir / Roberto

4 Barca players who should integrate well together. Then go for a playmaker.

Pablo Piatti update: Valencia have now signed Andrija Zivkovic and Zakaria Bakkali is incoming. Bobby, you've shown interest in him in the past, please do it again. His fee wouldn't be too demanding (definitely less than Levy would want for Lennon anyway) and he's a good player...

one for the Fifa Trumpets
Norwich are supposedly looking at 29 year old DR Congo international Dieumerci Mbokani for £5.5M from Dynamo Kiev

He used to play for Monaco and Anderlecht,

is he any good? Back up for Rom?

one for the Fifa Trumpets
Norwich are supposedly looking at 29 year old DR Congo international Dieumerci Mbokani for £5.5M from Dynamo Kiev

He used to play for Monaco and Anderlecht,

is he any good? Back up for Rom?

He was dropped by Rebrov at Dynamo Kyiv (remember them?) last season and only made 5 league starts. Rebrov accused him of not being a team player and accused Mbokani of thinking what he had done in the past was enough to make him an indispensable team regular. Mbokani didn't like this, gave an interview to the media and subsequently avoided contact with the rest of his team-mates too. Rebrov had another pop at him then and said it was because he was ashamed to look them in the eye.

There are even allegations that they've had a fist fight.

Sign him up, Bobby!

I've seen enough of dann and ogbonna to say dann is the better defender certainly for the premier league anyway.

It's only ten caps and its for Italy they aren't a boss national side anymore

Also as for half the price of dann I'd disagree he is on more wages and also would be a similar transfer fee

Like I say wouldn't mind either but prefer dann myself whoever we get I'll support

The little I've seen of Dann, uncompromising fits it, Stones he aint...but Uncompromising is not the worst thing in a CB...how old is he for the price, whatever that may be.

There is a vague link today.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/everton-si-tratta-l-acquisto-di-astori-695615

Translated into, no quotes or nothing just speculative rumour.

Roma have decided not to redeem Davide Astori, but the class of '87 will return to Cagliari defender only to find a new place. According SportItalia , there to record the pressure with Everton, the club that joins the other two teams involved: Schalke 04 and Sunderland.

He was dropped by Rebrov at Dynamo Kyiv (remember them?) last season and only made 5 league starts. Rebrov accused him of not being a team player and accused Mbokani of thinking what he had done in the past was enough to make him an indispensable team regular. Mbokani didn't like this, gave an interview to the media and subsequently avoided contact with the rest of his team-mates too. Rebrov had another pop at him then and said it was because he was ashamed to look them in the eye.

There are even allegations that they've had a fist fight.

Sign him up, Bobby!
lollollollollollollol

Stick him in a room with Big Duncan for 10 mins and he'll pipe down soon enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back