Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azpil, Cahil, and Luiz are great defenders tho?. Plus they had Matic and thst beast Kante in front of them.
The Spanish lad is class Cahill great defender ? And Conte got Luiz who was a bit of a clown/accident waiting to happen in his previous spell at Chelsea actually look like a very good defender all the praise goes to Conte for this imo

Got to say I've hardly seen him, just know he's been at United for about 30 years and never troubled the first team. If it's only us and Villa in for him I'm concerned.

As I say not exciting at all. And let's be honest, probably not true but I have liked what I've seen of him.

You just never know.

...what the papers say this morning;

- Liverpool Echo says Aston Villa have been dealt a blow as Gareth Barry will not be moving this summer.

- Daily Mail reports Man City want £20m for Joe Hart and the player himself is after assurances about being in the starting X1. Everton and West Ham are interested.

- The Guardian suggests Everton are looking to re-ignite their interest in Lucas Perez.

- The Star says United are about to ditch plans to sign Griezeman and concentrate on Lukaku as they need a no9 following the injury to Ibrahimovic. The Express says Wayne Rooney will be offered as part of a deal. The Star suggests Chelsea have already held positive talks with Lukaku.

- The Independent says Everton are now in pole position to sign Sandro after Atletico's transfer ban was upheld.

- The Guardian continues to report Everton interest in M'Baye Niang.

- The Hertfordshire Mercury say Everton and Watford are interested in Huddersfield forward Rekeil Pyke even though the youngster has never made a first team appearance.

- SportBild again link Everton with £11.3m Max Kruse.

- Le Havre Left Back, Ferland Mendy is apparently being targeted by Steve Walsh according to L'Equipe.

- The Express and Star report Everton could scupper Aston Villa's attempt to sign 24 year old goalkeeper Sam Johnstone from Manchester United. The keeper impressed on loan at Villa last season.

Good stuff @Eggs

All I get from this is not one journalist has a clue who we are actually after. They are literally picking names and clubs out of a hat and writing an article

Now I know that I will be in a minority, but I have no problems going for players in the Championship, relegated clubs, so-called lesser clubs and lesser known players from other leagues. History has shown that the gems are there and we have been good at finding them.

We that in mind I would be very pleased with getting Maguire, Deeney, Martina, Schmeichel, Sandro etc.

Of course if we sell Lukaku, a suitable replacement would be needed besides Deeney, Sandro

Agree he's class but wouldn't pay more than Arsenal paid. Why should we?

With it being a champions league market, the CL teams hold all the aces, the rest of us live on scraps. We should be all over Perez for £20m, other teams will, so he turned us down for a CL team last year, so what, we should not let our pride get in the way of building a better team.

Now I know that I will be in a minority, but I have no problems going for players in the Championship, relegated clubs, so-called lesser clubs and lesser known players from other leagues. History has shown that the gems are there and we have been good at finding them.

We that in mind I would be very pleased with getting Maguire, Deeney, Martina, Schmeichel, Sandro etc.

Of course if we sell Lukaku, a suitable replacement would be needed besides Deeney, Sandro
Think you'd be the only one there pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back