Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry Phelan and John O Kane got of light here, i thought Barrett was pretty good myself.

Terry Phelan was boss for us. Only played a handful of games before getting injured but he did really well. Even managed to get a chant.

O'Kane wasn't too bad generally either. Again did not play loads but didn't do much wrong in the time he was here.

I'm sure everyone was in a drunken haze in the 90's. Can't say I blame them either really...

Terry Phelan was boss for us. Only played a handful of games before getting injured but he did really well. Even managed to get a chant.

O'Kane wasn't too bad generally either. Again did not play loads but didn't do much wrong in the time he was here.

I'm sure everyone was in a drunken haze in the 90's. Can't say I blame them either really...

Always liked Phelan mate, but his best was behind him when he came to us. I lump O Kane in with Howard's disastrous spending spree that summer of his second spell.

This young 'Fifa' generation of supporters infuriates me every transfer window.

It's obvious we aren't going to attract the top top players that the likes of City et al lure.

We have a clear transfer/recruitment model with Steve Walsh at the head of it. It's early doors, we haven't publicly moved for a player yet, but that doesn't automatically mean we aren't busy behind the scenes.

We already have a decent squad and exciting academy prospects. But, yes we need to strengthen and compete with the best. This isn't going to happen by spunking 50 million on 84 rated CM maestro with potential 94 rating on a whim.

Be patient lads.
Do we, tho?

Always liked Phelan mate, but his best was behind him when he came to us. I lump O Kane in with Howard's disastrous spending spree that summer of his second spell.

I dunno with Phelan, as I said I thought he looked really good for us especially when covering for such an important player (Hinchcliffe) after his injury. Phelan got an awful injury himself though, he was out for 18 months. Didn't realize he commanded a British transfer fee record for a defender back in the day.

Howard did love signing random right backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back