Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this chat with a few on Twitter earlier and I think replacing Lukaku purely in footballing terms would be easy enough. Yes, he's a brilliant goal scorer but purely as a footballer he's got some way to go yet and I think we can replace him with a striker that is better with his back to goal and link play and I think if we find that player and get quality in and around that kind of player then we will function better in attack and I'm sure we will be, as Koeman says, more productive and more than cover the loss of Lukaku's goals.

It's about finding the right blend in the attacking areas. Look at Liverpool for example, they have just qualified for the CL without a recognised striker in their first 11 and without one of their attacking players hitting 20 plus goals in the league! Get in the right players that will work well together and I'm certain we'll be fine.

Koeman as a certain style of play and doesn't mind going from back to front but you need a CF who can make the ball stick up top and then knit things together and if we're all honest, Lukaku struggles on both those fronts.

I know it's all ifs and buts but if we can get a striker that can hold the ball up and link the play and get double figures in goals (10-15) and then wide players that can also get around double figures (8-10 plus) and a goal scoring CM like a Klaassen possibly who would chip in with similar numbers, then you've easily replaced Lukaku's goals. And if our back up striker, whoever it may be, chips in with some and the likes of Mirallas do better than he as, Bolasie when fit does better and Lookman kicks on and chips in then we're gonna do better all round aren't we.

@orly @orly ALERT ALERT ALERT

Only weasels need fear the weasel index.
55607086.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back