Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously ... over 1200 pages and the window isn't even open yet... what do you virgins actually find to post about ?

Didn't you start this thread? On the 1st of February

images

So at the moment it looks like the following are gone:-

Lukaku
Barkley
Deulofeu
Niasse
Kone
Cleverley
McGeady

With Coleman and Bolasie missing for upto half the season + Barry/Jags age we are gonna need one hell of a summer !
The bolded were either gone on loan or didn't play last season anyways. Besic and McCarthy should be back so that's the Barry aging problem resolved. We need to replace Lukaku and Barkley if they go, and Jags can't be first choice, but Funes should also be back.With Europe we'll need to sign around 4 new players to improve the first 11 and replace Lukaku and Barkley, but let's not pretend we're losing more than we are. Youngsters like Lookman, Kenny, and Dowell may be more ready to contribute as well.

It's safe to say the "pushing for top 4 and CL" talk is all but over for the Everton. We supporters have been mislead once again.

Another rebuild looms.

Our best chance for an occasional Europa spot would have to be in investing the Lukaku money (which will be just about all we spend..maybe another 20m), and go down the route in targeting quality youth. Around £100m should be getting you some quality youngsters looking for first team action in the English Premier League.

I really do fear for my club. I see no bright lights at the end of this tunnel. Football these days really sucks.

It's safe to say the "pushing for top 4 and CL" talk is all but over for the Everton. We supporters have been mislead once again.

Another rebuild looms.

Our best chance for an occasional Europa spot would have to be in investing the Lukaku money (which will be just about all we spend..maybe another 20m), and go down the route in targeting quality youth. Around £100m should be getting you some quality youngsters looking for first team action in the English Premier League.

I really do fear for my club. I see no bright lights at the end of this tunnel. Football these days really sucks.

This is sarcasm right?

So at the moment it looks like the following are gone:-

Lukaku
Barkley
Deulofeu
Niasse
Kone
Cleverley
McGeady

With Coleman and Bolasie missing for upto half the season + Barry/Jags age we are gonna need one hell of a summer !

The only one of them leaving we will miss is Lukaku but with the money offered we can get good players in, more then one as well, in fact 3 or 4 with Barkley money on top, this could be a very good summer

My concern is that the scale of the job - buying 5/6 new players - will be too big for one summer. Integration, establishing a player
style, leadership, will all take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back